Update Windows 11 - First look

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 50
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Windows 11 update will finally improve multi-monitor setups:
With Windows 11, Microsoft is taking steps to improve the experience for those who utilize two or more monitors/displays.

When you use two or more monitors with Windows 10, you may have encountered a problem where open programs or tabs get moved to a different location of the monitor or crammed onto a single display when you leave the device untouched some time and it goes to sleep.

This display problem is understandably frustrating and it has been flagged as an issue by a lot of users on the Feedback Hub. Fortunately, as spotted in the leaked build of Windows 11, Microsoft has introduced a new feature that will allow the operating system to remember window locations based on monitor connection.

1624182815995.png

If you download and install the new version of Windows when it launches later this year, then you’ll have access to new display controls, and your multi-monitor problems will be completely fixed.

This problem is a result of Rapid Hot Plug Detect (Rapid HPD), which impacts DisplayPort multi-monitor and affects tabs and programs that were previously neatly arranged.

On Windows 11, Microsoft has mitigated the desktop rearrangement issues and users can enable the feature from the display settings, as shown in the above screenshot.

In addition to apps rearrangement improvements, there’s another optional feature that will minimize your windows when your secondary monitor is disconnected. Enabling these two features can boost your efficiency when want to manage windows when working across multiple programs.

CyberTech

Level 36
Verified
Nov 10, 2017
Windows 11 is coming and some of you have been trying out the leaked ISO as have multiple media outlets and YouTubers. We didn't plan on benchmarking the new operating system just yet, at least until it’s officially released or some official beta became available, but with so many others posting Windows 11 benchmarks with very mixed results, we thought we should take it for a spin and see what the real deal is.

So, this is no more than a Windows 11 preview and it’s well worth noting that this leaked version isn’t the final version and therefore performance numbers are subject to change. We downloaded the ISO and made the necessary modifications, so that it could be installed on our test system. So far stability has been excellent, not a single crash and everything has worked. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the Mac-alike look that Microsoft seems to have gone with, but it’s not a big deal and I’m sure you’ll be able to customize the appearance to suit your preferences.

We're not going to dive into all the changes, but we will say that Windows 11 is certainly based on Windows 10's core, we expect a smooth transition, but for the purpose of this article all we're interested in is performance.

Is Windows 11 faster, slower or the same as Windows 10? To find out, we’ve tested both AMD and Intel platforms. That is, a Core i7-11700 and Ryzen 7 5800X, both equipped with 16GB of DDR4-3200 CL14 dual-channel single-rank memory, a Noctua NH-D15 cooler, and a Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC graphics card. Let’s get into the graphs…

upnorth

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2015
Fika prepared :coffee:🍪and will post the Live link on Youtube here as soon it's available. Microsoft will also stream it here:
Around 40 minutes left if I count correct and watching it on, a MacBook. 🥵

mlnevese

Level 24
Verified
May 3, 2015
The Windows Insider build will be released next week

Probably only in the DEV channel...

Just checked Windows Insider in my personal computer and Windows 11 is mentioned in the Beta channel.

2021-06-24.png