49 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
No reason it shouldn't.
BTW double checked the method you posted on MS site and if I do not know how to get the UEFI working on BIOS also, which I don't, I'll run into troubles.
My BIOS look like this but I am still on legacy
BTW
Boot Option #1 read P0: KINGSTON SA400537240G
Boot Option #2 read P1: HL-DT-ST-DVDRAMGH24NSD1

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-12 084715.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-12 084715.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
The PC was set up originally to keep as much as my program as possible. I guess the guy at the shop, kept the Windows set up on my old HHD and install something on the new SSD.
I am afraid there is no much it can be done.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

Brother printers may not work in Windows 11 if connected via USB​

Brother is warning that many of their printers may no longer work or display errors when using a USB connection in Windows 11.

One help article states that updating to Windows 11 could prevent the operating system from detecting your Brother machine when connected via USB, changing printer settings, or connecting more than one printer via USB.

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
I was able to change MBR to GTP.
What is left now I hope is to enable secure boot.
Went on Gigagyte motherboard BIOS and got this message that left me scratching my head:

Platform Setup Mode
Secure Boot can be enabled when Platform in User Mode
Repeat Operation after enrolling PLatform key (PK)

What is also weird is that PC Health gives me all green but Windows update still reckon the PC is not W11 ready.

Health.pngWU.png

Last edited by a moderator:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Two issues I had in Windows 11, maybe someone knows a fix?

1 My Bose bluetooth headphones can pair but not connect. Windows bluetooth manager says they are connected, but the headphones say they are not. They worked fine in Win10.

2 My Win11 virtual machine only has a floating language bar, and the option "Docked in the taskbar" is greyed out

Win 11 feels faster and looks great. Wish I could solve these niggling issues.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello guys,
I've also updated to Windows 11 after bypassing the CPU model restrictions.
adsdas.jpg
To do this I've used Microsoft's instructions. I've created the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup key, then I've downloaded Windows 11 ISO and run it. The first time the update process stopped with the "The Installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_UPDATES operation." message. I've chosen to postpone the updates after the OS is installed and everything worked perfectly.
IMG-20211011-WA0022.jpeg
Running on Windows 11 now. It feels snappier and more polished than Windows 10. I also get the Windows Updates without any issues.

4343.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-12 at 09.18.02.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-10-12 at 09.23.17.jpeg

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

After my wife left for work this morning, I looked at her laptop and noticed that since the update to Windows 11, the Controlled Folder Access does not show any warnings/blocks in the log. Should Microsoft finally have managed to make this feature suitable for average users?

1634099723565.png

DOS
A command base OS which was based on system 86-DOS which Bill licensed from Seatle Computer Products for only 25000 dollar and made him a Millionär

Windows 3 and 3.1
Just a GUI upon 16 bits DOS, with partial 32 bits in it. Since most programs were still character based, it was a half baked user OS with a half baked user experience.

Windows 95,98 and 2000
Windows 95 a fully graphical user interface based 32 bits operating system. A real innovation with a device manager and plug and play capabilities. Windows 98 was an update with better security, support for new devices and improved desktop features. Windows ME or 2000 was the first of a series of bad-OS releases after a two stroke good-OS making people using the older OS to wait for problems being fixed.

Windows XP
This OS has a complete new user interface and innovative automatic updates and bridged the gap between Windows 9x/Me and Windows NT/2000. Microsoft hoped that the improved OS would tempt users to run as standard user and use admin only for PC maintenance (like in the corporate world), but most users kept running as admin (because they felt they should have control over their own device).

Vista
Introduction of integrity levels to run programs with basic user rights even when the user was logged in as admin. The user interface was redesigned and some features ere hidden on places (because M$ thought we should not need or use them). UAC was Irritating (I remember calling it an HIPS designed for a 90 year old retard with a short term memory of 5 seconds).

Windows 7
Microsoft got it right again and managed to release a good OS after a bad OS. In my memory I was as happy with Windows 7 as I was with Windows 95 and XP.

Windows 8 and 8.1
This should be an OS for all devices, because Microsoft (planned) to expand to the tablet and mobile device market. Lacking to provide a good app development platform, the Mobile version lacked apps and the PC-version forced users into tablet mode (I personally liked Windows Mobile a lot). Although Microsoft tried to correct some of their UI changes of Vista for PC devices (making it behave more like Windows7), the harm was already done and people kept using Windows 7 and refysed to use one OS for all devices (forcing M$ to retreat the mobile OS market).

Windows 10
Like Windows 95, XP and Windows 7, Windows 10 was a great OS with better user interface and improved security features. Again after a bad OS. Windows 10 still had some user interface blimps because it had the interface design style (and probably code) of previous OS versions. During the life of Windows 10, Microsoft Defender turned from a laugh (hardly scoring 60 percent protection rates on AV comparatives test) to a market leader contender. Because Microsoft Defender is OS-aware, it potentially has an advantage over third-party security solutions.

Windows 11
The only critismis is that it requires relatively new hardware. So for the lucky ones a great looking OS with again better security features. On first looks the user interface seems to have lost all the old code inconsistencies and feels faster than Windows 10. Job well done with only one thing missing: I can't move the taskbar to the right of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 59
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
AMD Ryzen CPU’s L3 Latency Performance Fix To Be Resolved By Microsoft Through Windows 11 Update on 19th October, CPPC Driver on 21st
AMD will be issuing a fix to the performance degradation issues encountered with Ryzen CPUs in Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system next week. We have received the specific dates on which the updates will be rolled out.

Last week, we reported that AMD Ryzen CPUs were facing performance degradation of up to 15% in the Microsoft Windows 11 operating system. The issues were related to the L3 cache latency & the UEFI CPPC2 profiles.

AMD stated that the impact of L3 cache latency increasing the way it did would be that applications sensitive to memory subsystem access time could be impacted negatively, as well as "expected performance impact of 3-5% in affected applications, 10-15% outliers possible in games commonly used for eSports. To fix these issues, AMD and Microsoft said that they will be rolling out updates this month and now we know when.

- The CPPC issue has been resolved. The AMD driver power profile is in the release process and targeted for GA release on 10/21. If it is needed before GA, AMD can share the driver directly with customers upon request.
‒ The L3 cache latency issue has been resolved by Microsoft. Microsoft plans to release the fix in their 10C Windows Update which is targeted for 10/19.

As per the information we have received, the L3 cache latency issue has been resolved by Microsoft and will be rolling out as a part of an update on 19th October. This will be followed by a driver that will resolve the CPPC issue. The AMD driver power profile is currently in the release process & has already been delivered to OEMs but a general rollout of the driver is expected on 21st October. The updates will fix the majority of the issues encountered in Windows 11 when running AMD's Ryzen CPUs on desktops and mobile platforms

VecchioScarpone

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2017
Taskbar on multiple display once hidden there it stay. The only way I get it to resurface is by pointing mouse arrow under bottom of display then right click.

Also does anyone knows why those taskbar options are greyed out as per screenshot attached.
BTW my son PC has those two same issues.

Attachments

• Taskbar.png
    Taskbar.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 70