Windows 11 - First look

CyberTech

Level 36
Verified
Nov 10, 2017

Screenshots of Android apps running on Windows 11 have leaked

Last month, the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA) popped up on the Microsoft Store (image above) indicating that development work for bringing Android Apps to Windows 11 is going on even though the feature is yet to debut officially. Not just that, as earlier today, screenshots too of purported Android apps running on Windows 11 have also leaked allegedly via a Bilibili user named Makazeu, who seems to be a code porter for Microsoft itself.

There are a couple of images of the said leak, the first one shows WeChat while the second image appears to be that of Bilibili app for Android.

Windows 11 is not getting 3D emoji, previous promise was a marketing blunder

Microsoft rolled out a new Windows 11 build in the Dev channel yesterday. Build 22478 contains a bunch of new features and improvements. It also brought Microsoft's Fluent emoji that the company has been heavily advertising for the past few months since Windows 11 was revealed to the public. However, to the dismay of many who utilize emoji in their daily workflows, the new emoji are 2D, not 3D like the company has been promoting so far. The flat emoji present in the latest Dev channel build can be seen above while the ones that were previously advertised can be seen below, the difference is quite stark:

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2020
Could not get it to install on windows 10. The package requires OS version 10.0.22000.63
ws4ac.jpg

Last edited:

blackice

Level 33
Verified
Apr 1, 2019
He covers several topics I have been vocal about.

The very feature that gave AMD its advantage in W10 was basically neutralized with W11. W11 was optimized for
Intel and Intel's new Alder lake CPU's and MS spent little to no time to optimize for AMD CPUs.

AMD said a patch is coming soon, maybe the will undo this "unforeseen performance losses in W11"

Excluding the whole Intel 7th gen and older CPUS was just smoke and mirrors, to say look we also limited Intel CPU support
not just AMD and guess what those 7th GEN Intel CPUS run W11 just fine with no performance losses. The plot is definitely thickening. :cool:
Windows 11 will get the patch on the 19th and AMD is releasing new chipset drivers on the 21st. There is a slightly noticeable difference in benchmarks on my 5800X in some games. But, this isn’t the massive deal everyone is making it out to be…unless the patches do not correct the issues. With the exception of people who work with programs that use memory heavily with their work and require low latency. It is a frustrating this issue was noted during the betas since the beginning, but I upgraded anyway and for my uses notice little difference. We’ll see what the patch brings.

rain2reign

Level 6
Jun 21, 2020
He covers several topics I have been vocal about.

The very feature that gave AMD its advantage in W10 was basically neutralized with W11. W11 was optimized for
Intel and Intel's new Alder lake CPU's and MS spent little to no time to optimize for AMD CPUs.

AMD said a patch is coming soon, maybe the will undo this "unforeseen performance losses in W11"

Excluding the whole Intel 7th gen and older CPUS was just smoke and mirrors, to say look we also limited Intel CPU support
not just AMD and guess what those 7th GEN Intel CPUS run W11 just fine with no performance losses. The plot is definitely thickening. :cool:
What Jay said in the beginning about forced "upgrades", is exactly what happened to me with Windows 11. Only in my case Windows 10 forced the upgrade prematurely (for whatever reason...) and almost broke well ... everything... Also, I noticed the slowdowns as I got the exact same CPU model as lots of the tests were done with or among its samples, namely the AMD Ryzen 7 2700x.

I can confirm from my perspective that most of the properly done tests and Jay's conclusion to be either true or almost near spot-on. If it wasn't for the fact that I had a backup of my important documents, I could have said that Microsoft through the forced "upgrade" actually would've otherwise made me lose all my data permanently. As the "upgrade" was not just premature, it was also a corrupt installation with no compatible chip drivers available yet at the time, plus me not being ready with my BIOS settings.

edit: i do use a couple single-threaded applications daily, hence why I noticed most of the performance early on.

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Aug 2, 2020
Windows 11 will get the patch on the 19th and AMD is releasing new chipset drivers on the 21st. There is a slightly noticeable difference in benchmarks on my 5800X in some games. But, this isn’t the massive deal everyone is making it out to be…unless the patches do not correct the issues. With the exception of people who work with programs that use memory heavily with their work and require low latency. It is a frustrating this issue was noted during the betas since the beginning, but I upgraded anyway and for my uses notice little difference. We’ll see what the patch brings.
On the surface one would not notice the performance issues in Windows 11 using a Ryzen CPU. But if you use an app that heavily uses L3 cache you
would be very disappointed in the performance results. This is a huge deal for people who use their Ryzen CPUS for productivity. Tasks that would take 5 mins may now
take 10-15 mins. <---Just has a crude example and time is money.
cachemem 38p5x.png

aida64 windows 11 Pro.jpg

upnorth

Verified
Staff member
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2015
On the surface one would not notice the performance issues in Windows 11 using a Ryzen CPU. But if you use an app that heavily uses L3 cache you
would be very disappointed in the performance results. This is a huge deal for people who use their Ryzen CPUS for productivity. Tasks that would take 5 mins may now
take 10-15 mins. <---Just has a crude example and time is money.
I haven't read up enough on the problem, but will try during this weekend. Does it effect all Ryzen CPUs?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.282 to Beta and Release Preview Channels
Hello Windows Insiders, today we’re releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.282 to Windows Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels.

This update includes the following improvements:
  • We fixed an L3 caching issue that might affect performance in some applications on devices that have AMD Ryzen processors after upgrading to Windows 11 (original release).
See the other improvements here in Windows Blogs:

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Feb 4, 2016

How to disable TPM, Secure Boot and RAM requirements for Windows 11

1. Go to the official website and download the latest beta release. At the time of writing this article, the current build is Rufus Beta 2 (rufus-3.16_BETA2.exe)

2. It's a portable program, run the EXE, and its interface should pop-up.

3. Select the USB drive that you want to use. Pay attention to the Drive Letter, Volume Label if you have more than one storage device plugged into your computer, and choose the correct one.

4. The next step is to make the boot selection, choose the third option "Disk or ISO Image".

JoyousBudweiser

Level 12
Verified
Aug 22, 2013
Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.282 to Beta and Release Preview Channels

See the other improvements here in Windows Blogs:
The beta build feels more stable and snappier than the stable build.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
it seems to me many people have problems with windows 11 and many people don't
it's better to wait for a few months for MS to fix and tweak
there are not many reasons for windows 10 users to upgrade because the performance gain is not big enough
perhaps the performance gain comes from fresh windows installation, not windows 11 vs 10

mlnevese

Level 25
Verified
May 3, 2015
it seems to me many people have problems with windows 11 and many people don't
it's better to wait for a few months for MS to fix and tweak
there are not many reasons for windows 10 users to upgrade because the performance gain is not big enough
perhaps the performance gain comes from fresh windows installation, not windows 11 vs 10
That's a problem you will find in any OS. It has to run in wildly different hardware configurations so unexpected problems will appear. That's also why Apple has the reputation for stability, etc. It's much easier to develop when you just have to consider a dozen different hardware configurations :)

Last edited: