silversurfer

Level 76
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Aug 17, 2014

Guide: How to install Android apps on your Windows 11 PC​

When Microsoft announced Windows 11 back in June, it made a big deal about support for Android apps via a partnership with the Amazon Appstore. However, this capability was not present in the October 5 launch version of the OS. That said, it appears that the functionality will be coming soon as Microsoft has started testing it in the Beta Channel.

If you're on a device enrolled in the Beta Channel, you might want to give Android apps on Windows 11 a whirl, here's how to do it: [...]

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
I reinstalled Windows 11 yesterday after the issue I had the other day, and everything went fine. I also didn't modify anything related to Windows using any third-party app like O&O Shutup 10++. Whatever little things I changed has been done through the settings app.
I don't use Microsoft Teams, so I uninstalled it yesterday.
But today back in the afternoon when I turned on the PC I see Microsoft Teams has been auto installed once again and even auto started with Windows 🤷‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
I believe it's called "Windows as a service". M$ never forgets! ;) :LOL: Hope W11 running well anyway.
Haha, right 😄 Yeah things are running fine specially after the AMD issue got fixed. Though I didn't face any issue while gaming but at least the fix now gave me a peace of mind knowing the performance isn't affected anymore.

plat1098

Level 25
Verified
Sep 13, 2018
How many Microsoft C++ Visual libraries are you supposed to have? I have like 10 of them in Apps and Features. Did a quick search about it and no, one shouldn't delete any of them b/c you don't know if some app needs one.

But if you uninstalled an app that had used it, chances are it didn't delete the library, right? So you're accumulating these things and there's no way to tell if they're just sitting there with no purpose, it seems. Altogether, it's like 240 MB of space-- not much but if it isn't needed, it would be nice to get rid of it.

c++.png

ng4ever

Level 14
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Is it a risk to run Windows 11 on unsupported hardware? Even if you still get security updates on Windows updates.

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
How many Microsoft C++ Visual libraries are you supposed to have? I have like 10 of them in Apps and Features. Did a quick search about it and no, one shouldn't delete any of them b/c you don't know if some app needs one.

But if you uninstalled an app that had used it, chances are it didn't delete the library, right? So you're accumulating these things and there's no way to tell if they're just sitting there with no purpose, it seems. Altogether, it's like 240 MB of space-- not much but if it isn't needed, it would be nice to get rid of it.

I think it depends on the apps you have installed. All these were installed because some apps that you installed required them. Newer apps usually rely on newer one's. It's better if you don't touch any of them. Those who use Steam would know this, ie: On my PC after a windows reinstallation when I add my own library folder on Steam where I already have some games installed, Steam instantly starts downloading and installing all the VC reddist from 2010-2019 among some other things.
There's no harm in having them installed. I've seen many people even suggesting installing all of them from something like this to make sure you don't face any issue for not having them installed:
Linux have the option remove apps and its dependencies but Windows doesn't AFAIK.

plat1098

Level 25
Verified
Sep 13, 2018
Gosh, does anyone still think Microsoft is cpu-agnostic? :unsure: Just now saw this commercial on the teevee and the warm-and-fuzzy feeling between the three brands couldn't be more obvious--manifest at the very end of the clip.

"Poor" AMD--still the also-ran. That performance issue in Windows 11 still lingers and it makes you wonder.

Virustotal for this site has one "detection" by Bfore.Ai PreCrime engine. Never heard of 'em so thought I'd look it up. Looked for any ads for Micro and AMD together and couldn't find one. If anyone can, I will gladly eat crow for dinner. (well, not really).

Edit: URLVoid is an online scanning tool courtesy of NoVirusThanks, who brought us OSArmor and other stuff.

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Mar 16, 2019
Has anyone faced any issue regarding random notification sound? Sometimes I would heard the sound out of nowhere. The sound kind of starts and stops before it finishes completely. I also had this issue in the Developer and Beta builds. In the stable version, the tray area flickers a bit during the sound. It seems a notification is about to come, but then it doesn't and goes away automatically. So you may call this ghost sound or something like that.
From Dev to Beta to Stable. There's definitely something going on. Never had this issue on Windows 10 and I haven't installed any app on 11 that I didn't in 10. It doesn't happen every day. But it just happened once again prior to me writing this comment here. I don't know what causes this. Has anyone experienced this? Have you seen any reports like this anywhere?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 53
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Apr 24, 2016
Thanks @amirr an interesting video.(y)

Not sure why he is talking about Spybot Anti-Beacon.
The last update of this tool is from May 4th, 2021 and they don't show Windows 11 compatibility on their website.
At least wait for a recent update for Windows 11 of this tool.
I rather would go for O&O ShutUp10++.
Last update October 12, 2021 and compatible/made for Windows 11.

Microsoft Privacy Dashboard and Windows 11 own privacy settings are highly recommended.

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Feb 4, 2016

You're getting the PC Health Check tool whether you want it or not.

When Microsoft launched Windows 10 over five years ago, it took drastic steps to ensure that users swiftly adopted the new operating system (much to the chagrin of Windows 7 users, in particular). According to Bleeping Computer Microsoft seem to be taking the same approach with Windows 11 with its latest update, KB5005463, that was pushed out to Windows 10 users via Windows Update last week.

KB5005463 includes the PC Health Check tool, which determines if a Windows 10 system meets the minimum system requirements to install Windows 11. Previously, the PC Health Check tool was only available as a separate download from Microsoft's Windows 11 landing page, which attests to its "optional" status for users.

silversurfer

Level 76
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Aug 17, 2014

Windows 11 Taskbar not hiding? Here is a fix!​

Many issues that you run into may be resolved by restarting the Explorer process on the Windows 11 machine. It is a quick fix that should resolve the issue. Note that it is recommended to find the cause for recurring issues, as you may not want to restart Explorer regularly to correct the issue.
  1. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to bring up the Windows Task Manager.
  2. Select "more details" if the basic version is displayed.
  3. Switch to the Details tab.
  4. Locate the process explorer.exe.
  5. Right-click on the process and select "End task" from the context menu.
  6. Select File > Run new task.
  7. Type explorer.exe.
  8. Select OK.
The process restarts the Explorer process, which is responsible for the taskbar (and many other things).

Tip: you may restart the explorer process from the command line as well:
  1. Use the keyboard shortcut Windows + R to open the runbox.
  2. Type cmd.
  3. Type taskkill /im explorer.exe /f
  4. Type explorer
  5. Type exit

shukla44

Level 12
Jan 14, 2016
Upgraded to 11 last night. Took about an hour. Miss the 10's start menu. I guess my clean desktop will get cluttered again after so many years with shortcuts. Not installing any third party apps to get old start back. Everything is running as it should. had to do no settings except for taskbar. Thought control panel will get deprecated but i guess it will stay with us till beam ends.

So far liking it. Have no complaints.