Well-known
May 3, 2015

plat1098

Level 26
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 13, 2018
You know something--I have tried most of these Windows 11-style wallpapers and they all look like :poop: on here. All of them, including this sherbet one. My other images? Just fine, thanks.

A classic case of theory versus practice. Oh well.

Local Host

Level 25
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2017
I think I'll just stick with Win 10 for now. The reason being some apps/software are not Win11-compatible yet
The core is the same, compatibility shoudn't be a problem.

Microsoft hasn't made major changes to the core since Windows Vista, exactly to avoid that issue.

However Windows 11 is unstable, buggy and still has the same half baked UI (mixed with new and old), so yes, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone either way.

amirr

Level 21
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
They should fix the main windows 11 before announcing more versions of it
I have been seriously using Windows since Windows XP came out. I could never complain. It always worked perfectly.
I was never a high-tech engineer, student, or Harvard graduate, but even if I were, again I would not complain about how Windows should work.
Because those who created Windows, know better than me. They have many years of experience and knowledge.

If I use Windows, then I love it all the way. If something doesn't work for me, then I can always submit feedback or contact Microsoft.

Reactions: Nevi

RoboMan

Level 33
Verified
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I came back to W10, sadly. My Acer Predator Helios 300 is somehow not compatible (processor i7-7700HQ) and I guess that's why I get laggy and slower animations and loading times than Windows 10, even when it was fresh installed. Also heating was considerably higher.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 55
Verified
Helper
Top poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

SeriousHoax

Level 39
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
KB5007262 Is Rolling Out for Windows 11 Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview Channels with a Long List of Fixes:
  • We enhanced Microsoft Defender for Endpoint’s ability to identify and intercept ransomware and advanced attacks.
I hope it's not fully exclusive to MD for Endpoints only.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Oct 10, 2014
query. with win 11 i noticed if i enter explorer and click any installed exe, or a folder with portable exes, and right click them, nothing happens, and my desktop flashes and shuts down the window. does right mouse click work in the described manner for anyone else?
(i had installed comodo firewall shortly after upgrading and that has hampered my troubleshooting .. only change your system one step at a time so you know what the heck caused any problems .. comodo is now uninstalled but peculiarity persists).

JoyousBudweiser

Level 13
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
query. with win 11 i noticed if i enter explorer and click any installed exe, or a folder with portable exes, and right click them, nothing happens, and my desktop flashes and shuts down the window. does right mouse click work in the described manner for anyone else?
(i had installed comodo firewall shortly after upgrading and that has hampered my troubleshooting .. only change your system one step at a time so you know what the heck caused any problems .. comodo is now uninstalled but peculiarity persists).
I had experienced such an issue, do you have " regorganizer" installed? In my case the culprit was regorganizer. For me, uninstalling the culprit software did not solved the issue, I had to do a fresh install of windows and everything again to solve the issue. If you have not installed "regorganizer" then do a fresh Install of windows and check one software at a time for the said error. Anyway it's not comodo, I have it installed in my windows 11 and it runs ok.

Last edited:

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Oct 10, 2014
I had experienced such an issue, do you have " regorganizer" installed? In my case the culprit was regorganizer. For me, uninstalling the culprit software did not solved the issue, I had to do a fresh install of windows and everything again to solve the issue. If you have not installed "regorganizer" then do a fresh Install of windows and check one software at a time for the said error. Anyway it's not comodo, I have it installed in my windows 11 and it runs ok.
so that isn't `normal' win 11 behavior then, lol, good to know. comodo was working great for me as well, but when i tried the virtual desktop without silverlight i noticed the problem. i thought a bug in the virtual desktop was barring my access to exes (well, maybe not a bug, but more of a self inflicted wound, seeing as i was running it without the recommended infrastructure :) ). oh well, thanks for the feedback, it's helpful!