- Aug 17, 2014
Microsoft has released the optional KB5008353 Preview cumulative update for Windows 11 with 39 fixes or improvements.
This Windows 11 cumulative update is part of Microsoft's January 2022 monthly "C" update, allowing users to test upcoming fixes in the February 2022 Patch Tuesday.
Unlike Patch Tuesday updates, optional preview updates do not contain security updates and only include bug fixes and performance improvements.
What's new in Windows 11 KB5008353After installing the KB5008353 update, Windows 11 will change its build number to 22000.469.
The Windows 11 KB5008353 cumulative update preview includes 39 improvements or fixes, with the 12 highlighted ones listed below:
This update also includes the fixes for domain controller reboots and L2TP VPN connection issues caused by the January 2022 updates.
- Updates an issue that causes the audio service to stop responding on some devices that support hardware-accelerated Bluetooth audio.
- Updates an issue that affects icons for apps when the apps are not running. On the taskbar, these icons might display as active as if the apps are running.
- Adds a new Your Microsoft Account page to the Accounts category in Windows Settings for Home and Professional editions.
- Updates an issue that incorrectly shows the volume icon in the taskbar as muted.
- Updates an issue that causes a device to stop working when it’s connected to multiple displays.
- Updates an issue that affects the auto-hide feature of the taskbar. The taskbar might not reliably appear when you hover over the primary or secondary display.
- Updates an issue that might prevent icons from appearing on the taskbar of a secondary display.
- Improves auto brightness to provide a better response under low light conditions on all the supported systems.
- Updates daylight savings time to start in February 2022 instead of March 2022 in Jordan.
- Adds the HelpWith feature, which uses Microsoft Bing technologies to suggest Help topics that are relevant for each Settings page.
- Updates an issue that displays outdated battery percentages for connected Bluetooth devices on the Bluetooth and other devices page in Settings.
- Updates a known issue that might prevent some image editing programs from rendering colors correctly on certain high dynamic range (HDR) displays. This frequently affects white colors that might display in bright yellow or other colors.