Question Windows 11 or Windows 10: Which to choose?

Stopspying

Level 16
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
now, w10 is faster and more stable than w11, especially the LTSC version
I simply dislike w11
I'm with you on this. I use W10 as my main OS on various devices and have installed W11 on separate drives on two of them to test it out. I'm not overly sold on W11, but then I really liked W7!

@Guilhermesene - your specs show that you have lots of storage so I'm guessing that there might be enough free space to install both W10 & 11 in separate drives to play with alongside each other. I'd do that. When I first tried W11 I ran it virtually, you could test it, or W10, out that way too.

Guilhermesene

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 1, 2019
Feedback Note: I have installed Windows 11, and I am really enjoying it so far. Thanks to all for your help! :)

I took the opportunity and contacted Kaspersky support in Brazil, and they provided me with support regarding there are some questions about when the new products will be available in Brazil. They confirmed that it is already working in Brazil, so I purchased Kaspersky Premium.

Feedback on Kaspersky: I'm really enjoying it, it's faster, and it's not slowing my machine down a bit, especially when browsing the internet.

aMPJ2vo3Dc.jpg

amirr

Level 26
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Windows 11 is beautiful. I personally love it even running it on an unsupported PC because I don't have budget to upgrade yet. Its fast and nice. I recommend if someone having new hardware wants to install Windows.
I personally could not get used to Windows 10's UI, after tried Windows 11 for the first time.

show-Zi

Level 35
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
I would like to know the opinions of those who use the touch panel display regarding the difference in usability between win11 and 10.
I guess that the lack of demand for touch panels is also the reason for the mixture of 10 and 11.

Stopspying

Level 16
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I thought to share:

CT pretty well sums up my take on W11, all those default app settings to wade through and the taskbar changes being high on my list of peevs with it. This reminded me about the MS workaround for the TPM bypass. Is that an admission that they were not going to be able to stop 'determined' owners of older and/or lower powered devices from running 11, or that it was a bad move on their part in the first place?

Reactions: Freki123 and amirr

Freki123

Level 11
Verified
Top poster
Aug 10, 2013
I did a clean install of of Win 11 22H2 about two weeks ago (with the then available drivers). For me win 11 results in more random BSOD than win 10.
If the number doesn't get better till Win 10 22H2 it will be an easy switch back. Not in the mood to do hours of errorlog/problem finding when the pc was "stable" in win 10.
I have a working backup and no important data on the pc atm :D

Reactions: Stopspying

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Hello to everyone in the community! 🙋🏻‍♂️

I've been using Linux (Debian) for a while now. However, it made me want to use Windows again, which one do you recommend installing at this moment? Most of the community here, have you migrated to Windows 11 or are you still on 10?

My pc settings are:
- Intel i7 9th Gen
- 32gb of ram
- SSD 240GB
- 2x HDD of 5TB each
- Unfortunately I don't have a dedicated video card

Thank you very much for your opinion and help :)
I ran both Win10 and Win11 on my I9 9th gen CPU and I prefer Win 11. It might be the more mature drivers, it might be better streamlined processes but I find compiling programs a lot faster and also if you are into games (which I used to be but now virtually no time) it runs then quicker.