Serious Discussion Everything about Windows 12 - Release date and Rumors

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
More I will install Windows 11 later this year and will use for about 3 months or more, then I can provide some feedback if the W11 is bad or is good, and still will install on a HDD and then install on an SSD for comparison, then I can give my opinion. Based on what I see on the web, I see more people praising than criticizing Windows 11. ;)

oldschool

Level 82
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
More I will install Windows 11 later this year and will use for about 3 months or more, then I can provide some feedback if the W11 is bad or is good, and still will install on a HDD and then install on an SSD for comparison, then I can give my opinion. Based on what I see on the web, I see more people praising than criticizing Windows 11. ;)
I have an HDD and W11 runs fine. I could use more than my 8GB RAM but this is more than sufficient for web surfing and the other small operations I perform.

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I have an HDD and W11 runs fine. I could use more than my 8GB RAM but this is more than sufficient for web surfing and the other small operations I perform.
So, currently your computer settings are similar to mine so I will install Windows 11, did you install using Rufus? does it activate automatically after formatting?

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
It's all so confusing, I just want to go back to Windows 9 ;) :)
Windows 8.1 was in fact was to be Windows 9, if Microsoft had released as Windows 9 instead of 8.1 had made success just for curiosity, many even today confused the Windows 8 and 8.1 because of its interface if the same. And Windows 8.1 was forgotten and hated because of Windows 8 unfortunately.

nickstar1

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 10, 2022
With all the bugs with windows 11 they need to work on 1 OS before going to another. Windows defender still doesn't display right after multiple reports from users. I simply cannot trust defender to protect my system.

Reactions: russ0408

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

What you need to know​

• Arm32 apps will not be supported by Windows 12 or Qualcomm's upcoming Oryon processors.
  • Microsoft shared the fact during Build 2023 and noted in a support document that "support for 32-bit Arm versions of applications will be removed in a future release of Windows 11."
  • Many Arm-based applications have been upgraded to Arm64, so many popular apps will be unaffected by the change.
The next version of Windows isn't set to ship until 2024, though plans are subject to change. Qualcomm's Oryon chips are also expected at some point in 2024.
Qualcomm claims that its Oryon processors will rival Apple’s M-series chips. If that's accurate, it could lead to a major shift in Windows on ARM computing.

During one of the sessions at this year's Build, it was confirmed that the next generation of Windows, as well as future Qualcomm silicon, will drop support for Arm32 apps. This will mostly affect older apps that were compiled for Windows 10 Mobile and haven't been updated for Arm64 or x86 architectures, so it shouldn't significantly impact most users

This guide will cover the recommended steps for changing an existing app with support for 32-bit Arm platform architecture over to the more updated 64-bit Arm architecture by adding the necessary configuration using Visual Studio. This update will help your app to run on the latest Windows on Arm devices which use 64-bit Arm (ARM64/AArch64) processors.

This topic is relevant for UWP apps that do not have an ARM64 target. Older UWP project templates generated an ARM32 (or AArch32) target, but did not include support for ARM64 (AArch64).

Jonny Quest

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 2, 2023
I continue to hear "Windows 12" is right around the corner here. Going to be interesting to see how many folks make the jump from Windows 10 to Windows 12 when it is released or wait until Windows 10 is no longer supported.
Those still using Windows 10, due to the hardware incompatibility issue with 11, other than it being a personal preference thing, probably won't be able to migrate to 12?
I know I mentioned this about 4 posts up, but is that probably true, as far as the possible device requirements that may also carry over from 11?

edit: I actually just answered both of my posts, by heaven forbid, re-reading the link from the first page :) :)

supported.jpg

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@Jonny Quest !

Yeah, from all intensive purposes we can probably assume that Windows 12 for those who have hardware incompatibilities with Windows 11 will likely not work on those computers either. Planned obsolescence now. How many potential thousands if not millions of computers that could be... that adds up!

Likely it will remain true that if a computer will run on Windows 11 it will run on Windows 12 unless there are major changes to device requirements. Given how many folks had to get new computers to run on Windows 11 I would be a little shocked if Microsoft decided to change up requirements further. Time will tell!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014

NormanF

Level 8
Verified
Jan 11, 2018
I have a laptop with TPM 2.0, yet it won't accept windows 11, I bought this laptop in 2018. Only I don't worry about windows 11 have windows 10 that goes until October 2025 and I have another machine running linux mint, so that one day when I adapt I can't depend too much on windows.;)

I have a 2014 HP ZBook G2 mobile workstation running Windows 11 2H2. It still has TPM 1.2. You can get around the unsupported CPU and TPM 2.0 requirements. No issues with it here.

Microsoft gave up ... a while ago there were rumors on news sites on the web, who installed the windows 11 on computers without meeting the necessary requirements, would not receive updates. Of course, this may have been a scare tactic forcing users to buy a new computer. So I relaxed and let it go for a while.:LOL:

Microsoft has continued to provide monthly security updates. As for new feature updates, that's up to the user's discretion.

From the information I have it is or was planned to be released in 2024.

I don't think it will be ready before 2030 with the massive amount of work needed. Microsoft rushed a half baked Windows 11 to market. They don't care to repeat the experience. This isn't something that can be made ready overnight.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.