Win7: DVD drive and Event logger not working

JJMax

Thread author
Dec 31, 2018
Hey so I'm trying to dual boot an old computer but it wouldn't let me use any bootable disks. I ran Malwarebytes and AVG free and removed a bunch of PUP's and a rootkit but the problem still persists. There seems to be issues with the event logger not starting and it looks like the attacker is using a usb drive J (that is empty) to run files

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    13.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 1

JJMax

Thread author
Dec 31, 2018
Hello, thanks for replying, do you have any suggestions?

I've attached the output of the Malwarebytes scan that found threats. I uninstalled AVGfree but it also found threats. I can look for logs from that or reinstall if that helps

Attachments

• MWBF.txt
    47.6 KB · Views: 5

JJMax

Thread author
Dec 31, 2018
Actually I think the first scan was just the normal scan and MalwareBytes didn't find anything and then I ran a deep scan and those were the results

JJMax

Thread author
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah seems like it. Problem I'm having though is when I remove the HDD and try to boot from a recovery disk or livecd the bios doesn't see anything in the DVD drive

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.