Advice Request Windows 7 SP1 June 2016 Update Rollup & Fixes slow Windows 7update

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Still no updates to be installed here, i'll be checking it regularly and will comment if anything goes wrong/update includes any bug. Thanks for sharing it!

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I still don't understand why people aren't upgrading to Windows 10. Sure there MAY be possibilities but 10 will be supported for a long time and Microsoft would probably be more helpful/willing to help if you're using their newest pride and joy. :)

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I still don't understand why people aren't upgrading to Windows 10. Sure there MAY be possibilities but 10 will be supported for a long time and Microsoft would probably be more helpful/willing to help if you're using their newest pride and joy. :)
I'm actually confused. See i was a Windows 8.1 user when Microsoft started rolling the free update for Windows 10. When i updated the OS i noticed a clear nicer interface and it was much more attractive than before. It included new tools and modules never seen before and was really a good option. I still was not happy with its performance. On a 8GB, i5 laptop with Intel HD Integrated Graphics, it showed no interest on being as fluid as it should be, still i kept it, security was a priority for me. Now, a massive error from mine when editing and deleting partitions made me break the whole system and had to format the disk (luckily files were backed up). I'm temporaly at Windows 7 and i'm starting to re think on migrating again to Windows 10. I've experienced no lags or bugs, and my speed experience is awsome, once again. Of course, it may be due to the recent format, but still, when i migrated to Windows 10 i decided to format the disk as well, and results are different.

With my security knowledge, internet habits, and working needs, i'm starting to think again Windows 7 is my suitable choice. Maybe not the best one, but the one that combines the best with what i need.

ZeroDayDefender

Level 2
Verified
Nov 14, 2018
i will probably go back to 7 or 8.1 due to performance issues with 10 IMO 10 is slow because of all the forced app installs and telemetry also forced updates is a stupid thing IMO

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015

People should upgrade to 10 just because its newer ?

Reactions: oldschool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.