Windows 8 Is Already a Best Seller on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Steve Ballmer is probably smiling right now, as Windows 8 has officially became the number one product in the “Software” category on Amazon.

This means that Microsoft’s upcoming operating system is now a best seller, even though its official unveiling only takes place next week.

Microsoft announced pricing and started the preorder program for Windows 8 last week, but the interest in Windows 8 appears to be higher than ever. The first units will be shipped after the October 26 debut, but several retailers across the United States are already selling boxed copies of the OS.

Windows 8 is dramatically changed from the previous versions, but Microsoft emphasizes that it still has the power to attract millions of buyers before year end.

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-8-Is-Already-a-Best-Seller-on-Amazon-299576.shtml

New Microsoft Surface Commercial

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZeroDay

I wonder how this compares to windows 7 at the same stage of release.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ZeroDay said:

Only reason I think that Windows 8 is the highest is because it's more meant for tablet and this being the first time (I think) that Windows has come to tablet, everyone wants to try it.

kuttus

Level 2
Verified
Oct 5, 2012
Windows 8 is a totally new version of Windows, it includes a new-style interface for use with computers and touchscreens. No matter that's on a touchscreen laptop, all-in-one PC or tablet.

8 key differences that Windows 8 brings are

• 1.Windows 8 touch
    2. Windows 8 Start screen
    3. Windows 8 charms
    4. Better multiple monitor support
    5. Windows 8 Search and Social
    6. Windows 8 ARM support
    7. Windows Store
    8. Windows 8 cloud integration

Microsoft the familiar Start menu is a Start screen which features the same kind of live tiles and data as Windows Phone's home screen...

I think this one going to be a big hit for Microsoft... ;)

Any way I like it's Start screen... Over all good to see... :)

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
McLovin said:
ZeroDay said:

Only reason I think that Windows 8 is the highest is because it's more meant for tablet and this being the first time (I think) that Windows has come to tablet, everyone wants to try it.

nope windows xp was first to come in tablet

N

Nige_40

samit said:
McLovin said:
ZeroDay said:

nope windows xp was first to come in tablet

One thing I like about Windows 8 for the desktop PC is I.E.10 with it's:

Enhanced Protected Mode The url of it below
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/03/14/enhanced-protected-mode.aspx

Understanding Enhanced Protected Mode
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals...rk-security-addons-cookies-metro-desktop.aspx

One other thing IE10 on Windows 7 available in November
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/10/17/ie10-on-windows-7-available-in-november.aspx

I have set the Enhanced Protected Mode on I.E.10 on Win 8 under VM and it works good.

So I just thought I let you guys know

Best wishes

Nigel

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.