Win8 is Horrible !!!!!!!!!!! come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexgenify

Jun 9, 2014
It's certainly not the worst OS, but there have been a few things that I didn't like.

As far as the desktop environment is concerned, there's a lack of customization. I know that many of the previous Windows OS's had a lack of customization to begin with, but more and more colors/settings in personal themes are being hardcoded into the OS in 8 and 8.1. No amount of registry editing would change the inactive window border color, yet they leave those registry items in there anyways just to waste my time I guess. I spent about an hour just to figure that out...

The way inactive windows looked in previous Operating Systems was aesthetically pleasing enough, but now everything's minimalistic to some degree, and it drives me nuts sometimes.

But aside from the lack of a glassy aero effect, and not being able to get rid of that drab white inactive window border color, everything else is wonderful. I can still customize some colors through the registry, and as long as I know my way around those theme files, I can edit most of the appearances to my liking.

All in all, the new start screen is great once you get used to it though, and it's actually pretty fast. As hard as it is to accept change sometimes, it can't always stay the same forever.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I am In complete sync with you. The whole concept of these live tiles is hopeless and useless. Microsoft should come up with something more user friendly, versatile and useful before some innovative mind takes Microsoft for a storm and ends its long monopoly.
with you

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Nothing wrong on Windows 8, its a trend of OS that wanted something to change the trend but causes trouble enough due to interfacs itself besides of features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.