Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Neowin.net said:
]mosispamay2.jpg

Mozilla has been working on the Windows 8 Metro version of its Firefox web browser for a few months now. This week, Mozilla's Madhava Enros posted up an online slide presentation from a recent company conference which shows, among other things, some mockups of what the Metro version of Firefox might look like. One of them is a Start page that displays favorite sites along with some bookmarks in the Metro UI to the right of those web sites.

Read more.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Clean, minimal, easy on the eyes and simply great looking in my opinion.

Note that you can get this look on Android right now (both mobile and tab) by downloading the Aurora build of Firefox.

Also with this screenshot, This start page has just been implemented in the newest Aurora build for Windows.

v1krm.png

Mockup image shown by Mozilla.

l6l1O.png

Firefox startpage in current Aurora build.

I've also had a peek at the UX Nightly build for Windows, Australis as shown in the first image above is slowly being implemented with each build released. This is the biggest UI change taking place since Firefox 4.0. ;)

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
It does look nice and clean. Will have to really have ago at Windows 8 now.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
It's really nice to see for some slicker interface and remembered before there some addons to make a look as same on Aurora Version.

iScream

Dec 7, 2011
I can't stand that 'soft' background. I hope it won't be like that..
Other than that texture, I like it.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
You can install the Theme "Australis" with the current and nightly builds of FF but it doesn't display text on background tabs very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.