Windows 8 prices revealed, you can pre-order it with or without a computer today

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Today we finally get to see all price options for Microsoft’s next-generation computer OS – the Windows 8. The OS will launch on Oct 26, but you can pre-order it on a DVD right now, if you absolutely need to have a disc. For the rest of us, the update would be available online for download and purchase via the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant for a cheaper price. The full Windows 8 Pro OS will be downloadable as well when you purchase the license separately.

http://blog.gsmarena.com/windows-8-prices-revealed-you-can-pre-order-it-with-or-without-a-computer-starting-today/

Finally! But I wont buy it anyway. :p Maybe I will go Linux if I win CrossOver :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Oh Windows 8 will doomed for the release date, however from some critics during the development stage surely the impact isn't appear much and they still use Windows 7 as capable OS.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Prices arent too bad.Personally after running windows 8 I will most likely stay with windows & as my OS of choice but will keep win 8 on dual boot to play with.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Hello! Could somebody explain the differences between between

Windows 8 (Full Version) – OEM $100
Windows 8 Pro (Full Version) – OEM $140

and is the media included and/or excluded on the Windows 8 Pro. And is the media worth the additional money? :huh:

D

Deleted member 178

Moose said:
and is the media included and/or excluded on the Windows 8 Pro. And is the media worth the additional money? :huh:

will you pay 70usd for a blank dvd ^^

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Office Depot!

has Windows 8 Pro (Full Version) – OEM on SALE in the store for $69.00 Dollars.
Starting tomorrow and will end on October 27,2012.

:)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I personally dont care about the media pack.If you purchase windows 8 pro now microsoft will let you download media center for free until the end of January 2013.If not then you will have to purchase it for like 70 bucks.

MalwareVirus

Level 1
Oct 6, 2012
now you get the upgrade to window 8 pro in 14$-15$ without buying window7 pc to get the promo code.

http://www.megaleecher.net/Original_Windows_8_Pro_Serial_Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.