Not open for further replies.

SearchLight

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 3, 2017
I have tried several times to reactivate Windows Defender but cannot start the WD Service and encounter code 1053, and then the folder for System32 opens for no reason.

I have Googled this problem and have tried all the solutions to no avail. DisableAntiSpyware and DisableAntivirus are both set to 0 in the registry, and in group policy editor, the TurnOff Windows Defender is disabled.

So does anyone have a solution that does not require a Windows 10 reinstall but allows for a reinstall of Windows Defender? Thanks.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I keep finding this.
  1. Click Start > Run, then type regedit
  2. Locate, and then right-click the following registry subkey: KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
  3. Point to New, and then click DWORD Value. In the right pane of Registry Editor, notice that New Value #1 (the name of a new registry entry) is selected for editing.
  4. Type ServicesPipeTimeout to replace New Value #1, and then press enter.
  5. Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry that you created in step 3, and then click Modify. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box appears.
  6. In the Value data text box, type 86400000, and then click OK ( It is the timeout period (in milliseconds) that you want to set for the service. Setting timeout period to 86400000 will set it to 24 hours (86400000 milliseconds)
  7. Restart the computer.
Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.