Advice Request Windows Defender detect Emsisoft Emergency Kit temp files in EEK folder as a threat

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
Windows Defender detect Emsisoft Emergency Kit temp files in EEK folder located at Appdata Local as a threat during Emsisoft scan. Does anyone have this problem? I already reported to Microsoft, but they still haven't fixed it yet. The detection name is Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.A

If I perform a custom scan with everything check except use file extensions and use direct disk access then Windows Defender will detect some temp files in the temp folder at Appdata Local which belongs to Emsisoft Emergency Kit as a threat during Emsisoft scan. I can't restore the file from the quarantined because Windows Defender automatically removed this false positive detection files.

Reactions: upnorth and shmu26
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.