Battle Windows Defender & HitmanPro Alert or Kaspersky Free?

weedeezee

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 20, 2017
Hello,

which do you should I use?

Windows Defender & HitmanPro Alert or Kaspersky Free?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
Why not Kaspersky Free + HitmanPro Alert ? Windows Defender is not only weaker than Kaspersky but also heavier on the system. KFA also offers one of the strongest web protection out there.

Last edited:

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
ok, create a folder, fill it with 2-3 dozens of installers and files (as if you downloaded lot of softs and files, bigger they are, better it is) ; shutdown your computer.
Now boot , open the said folder, tell me what happen?

I just tried.
The copy from HDD to SDD was slower than I expected. Boot time was almost the same.
Opened the folder and I saw the "Antimalware Service Executable" works. It consumed max 25-30% of my CPU. Nothing major but I understand now.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.