App Review Windows Defender PUP Registry Tweak tested

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
Please note one very important thing- although I ran the files from the desktop, there would have been no difference if they were run from there, Downloads folder, or from Temp.

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
I didn't show it in the video, but I did enough preliminary work (placing the files in different places, etc), and no added definitions would be downloaded with the tweak in place that would add to PUP detection. The result would be identical.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We can see that Microsoft as definitely have ability to show detections on PUP however its problem resides is the analysis where for sure it came up possible bypass.

Even though they have good category conditions, but things may differ at all which let's see on overall period.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.