Battle Windows Defender+Voodoshield Pro VS Kaspersky Internet Security (TAM)

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I don't even think Voodoosheild Pro is even needed IMO. Kaspersky is a good product but really expensive. Windows Defender may not have the greatest detection but it still is an overall good product. :)

Chose Win Defender + Voodoosheild

Thanks for your opinion. I'm currently using that combo and working fine, but I came up with this question as my father just received a 3 device license for Kaspersky and gave me one if I want to.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Windows Defender + Voodooshield free or pro

Cheaper but still great configuration.

Edit: Kaspersky is also a great piece of software. But could come with the possibility of running heavier on the your system depending on the way you configure it. So many features it offers.

LuciusHaydn

Level 1
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
I understand completely. I have licenses to run Bitdefender Total Security for a year but after I found out how good Voodooshield is, I just said "oh well" to Bitdefender. IF I had any doubt as to the efficacy of VS, I would tack on Comodo Firewall using @cruelsister settings. Possibly a touch over kill, but I could sleep at night knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about pretty much anything. Guaranteed 100%... likely not. But close enough that I am content.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I understand completely. I have licenses to run Bitdefender Total Security for a year but after I found out how good Voodooshield is, I just said "oh well" to Bitdefender. IF I had any doubt as to the efficacy of VS, I would tack on Comodo Firewall using @cruelsister settings. Possibly a touch over kill, but I could sleep at night knowing that I wouldn't have to worry about pretty much anything. Guaranteed 100%... likely not. But close enough that I am content.

Yeah I am in a position kinda like you. Voodoshield is absolutely amazing, but am I gonna say no to one of the best AVs in the world? Tough question o_O

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I have used both Kaspersky with trusted application mode (TAM) and Kaspersky no TAM with VS (free).

I found TAM is quite good but my system seems to run a bit slower with it enabled versus using VS and new program installation can be quite annoying with TAM enabled unless I disable it or pause KAV, where VS makes it easier.

I am currently running TAM but I may switch to VS pro.

LuciusHaydn

Level 1
Verified
Mar 19, 2017
Yeah I am in a position kinda like you. Voodoshield is absolutely amazing, but am I gonna say no to one of the best AVs in the world? Tough question o_O
Oh no doubt! Kaspersky from all I know is amazing! However I guess for me... at least when it came to BTS, did I need ALL the extra things it came with? Useful, sure. But did I need all of that, when Windows Defender (already on the system), and Voodooshield (small, lightweight) and free, or ~$20 a year for Pro which really is not that necessary unless you really want to tweak it up.
Honestly, the simplicity, and lightweight combo is what wins me over. And even if VS Pro is desired, I believe it is still a cheaper deal.
Again, this is NOT a reflection on the performance of Kaspersky. I just think THAT much of a program is just not needed.

Reactions: given and brod56

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Oh no doubt! Kaspersky from all I know is amazing! However I guess for me... at least when it came to BTS, did I need ALL the extra things it came with? Useful, sure. But did I need all of that, when Windows Defender (already on the system), and Voodooshield (small, lightweight) and free, or ~$20 a year for Pro which really is not that necessary unless you really want to tweak it up.
Honestly, the simplicity, and lightweight combo is what wins me over. And even if VS Pro is desired, I believe it is still a cheaper deal.
Again, this is NOT a reflection on the performance of Kaspersky. I just think THAT much of a program is just not needed.

Thanks. I guess I will stick with this light, effective combo for now :)

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
You make hard questions !
I have Kapersky license and i like a lot Kaspersky and its tweaking ability to get most of it. But, hmm... WD + VS is solid combo also, actually enough for sure what i have been lurking your post's u know what your doing pretty much, so if i was you i go with that. ,,,Or keep Kaspesrky as long you have license and then shift WD + VS. VS is so great program and dev Dan is Great guy and keep his "children" good attend for it.

brod56

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
You make hard questions !
I have Kapersky license and i like a lot Kaspersky and its tweaking ability to get most of it. But, hmm... WD + VS is solid combo also, actually enough for sure what i have been lurking your post's u know what your doing pretty much, so if i was you i go with that. ,,,Or keep Kaspesrky as long you have license and then shift WD + VS. VS is so great program and dev Dan is Great guy and keep his "children" good attend for it.

Thanks man, I enjoy your posting too.
I'm keeping Voodoshield as my experience has been nice with no problems at all.
Kaspersky will be there for me if I want to play with it someday :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
KIS TAM is definitely the strongest security component at all since it does not rely only on heuristic analytics but the user can provide total lock down module.

However the configuration is more on advance user which you need to ensure the preparation properly to avoid issues.

Voodoshield and Windows Defender is another applicable setup cause it can use properly even in novice ones.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.