Advice Request Windows email client & google's advanced protection program

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cleo

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 25, 2020
Hi Guys,
I have been using physical keys to log in to my Google account (which has advanced protection) this year but my favourite email client doesn't support
this type of setup. What emails clients work smoothly for a Gmail user with advance protection on Windows 11?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
If you are using Google's Advanced Protection Program and looking for an email client for Windows 11 that supports it, you might want to try out Microsoft's Mail app. The Mail app is native to Windows 11 and supports various email providers, including Gmail, with a simple and easy-to-use interface.

To set up your Google account with Advanced Protection on Mail app:

1. Open the Mail app and click on the Settings icon in the bottom left corner.
2. Click on "Manage accounts".
3. Click on "Add account".
4. Select "Google" and enter your email credentials.
5. Complete the two-factor authentication process using a physical security key.
6. Once you have successfully authenticated, click "Allow" to grant Mail app permission to access your Gmail account.

With Microsoft's Mail app, you can send and receive emails, use labels, and manage your Google Drive attachments. Additionally, the Mail app can integrate with your calendar to display your upcoming events and reminders.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Cleo and Jack
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Thunderbird, and other email clients that access Gmail directly.

Questions about non-Google services​

Can I use non-Google apps & services or Apps Script with Advanced Protection?

Most non-Google apps and services are blocked

Advanced Protection stops most non-Google apps and services from accessing data like your Google Drive and Gmail data. That way, your data is better protected against harmful or unsecure access.
After you turn on Advanced Protection, you can allow these apps and services to access your Google data:
  • All Google apps and services
  • Apple Mail, Calendar, and Contacts apps on iOS and macOS
  • Mozilla Thunderbird
  • Desktop email clients that access Gmail directly

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.