Troubleshoot Windows Explorer Restarts Itself whenever a directory is accessed.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Explorer Restarts and stops responding when i open a directory, also my right click takes too long to trigger.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
None. Taught It would be fixed with windows updates.
I am facing this problem from long time and been waiting that it would automatically fix this stuff, although my PC is clean i'm not getting any improvements with this stuff. only this problem, rest all works like charm. I would be pleased if any one helps me out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Did you try to refresh PC or Reset PC feature on Windows 8.1? So that it replace anything and all have to do is backup first.

Or try if you can type in Admin command prompt "sfc /scannow" (no quotation marks) which replace any corrupt and problematic window files.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro
Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Did you try to refresh PC or Reset PC feature on Windows 8.1? So that it replace anything and all have to do is backup first.

Or try if you can type in Admin command prompt "sfc /scannow" (no quotation marks) which replace any corrupt and problematic window files.
I'm afraid, refresh or reset will roll me back to windows 8 instead of 8.1, "sfc /scannow" ? I have used it a lot of time , even though corrupted files are present i'm unable to fix with it. So stopped using as an analyzer.

Upvote 0

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Thanks for all, i guess i fixed it myself, It was with the context menu load. I removed various entries and now everything seems working well, even the right click. Thanks :)

Reactions: jamescv7
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.