Windows Security Alert Removal from Microsoft Edge

minutesarewasting

Thread author
Jul 13, 2018
I just wanted to share what worked for me when the windows alert scam took over Edge. Geek Squad wanted $149 to fix the problem. Instead, I typed in firefox in the search box in the lower left hand corner. When the browser opened, the windows alert tab was still there. I clicked on the X in the upper right hand of the browser screen. It asked me if I wanted to close all tabs. I click on Yes. All tabs closed. I then opened Edge and the scam alert was gone. I didn't have to pay Geek Squad or buy SpyHunter. Seems like an easy fix that Geek could have told me for free.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.