XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I'm lucky that my laptop didn't experience this error with this update. The update went smoothly in my laptop. :)

Reactions: Ink
I

illumination

I installed it manually as well, was not going to wait for Microsoft to admit there was an issue and patch it. It was not a matter of not installing, mine would not even download, it would attempt to do so and error out. There was speculation that a corrupt file on the users system was causing this, but im skeptical of this, as there are way to many people experiencing it, and not to mention, i ran a SFC scan, DISM scan, and even the troubleshooter in admin mode, all of which reported no issues.

Reactions: XhenEd

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I can't install Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) through Windows Update. Every time i try to retry the download it always fail with a error code 0x80004005.

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
I can't install Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087040) through Windows Update. Every time i try to retry the download it always fail with a error code 0x80004005.
Me too, it seems a lot of people having this issue.

SloppyMcFloppy

Level 13
Verified
Sep 12, 2015
I actually find the manual links to this issue. But i don't know if it safe to do so............

X86: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._86b760ce3097391e6896df374d69aff46b769b02.msu

X64: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d..._ad0f78efb7b122fa9472dbb8050c4f358aceab49.msu

Source: Windows Update error 0x80004005 for KB3087040!!! - Windows 10 Forums

A lot of users comments i read find that manual update fix, but is these two applications safe?

PS: I got the link from the user posted on the source link i provided. If you read all of 9 pages you will find that a lot of rated the manual update do the trick. But the question is, it's safe?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Merged threads as this topic was originally started yesterday.Most are experiencing similar problems

Last edited:

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Another stupid cock-up by Microsoft - just stop the automatic updates, then people would NOT have such issues. But, to Bill Gates and Microsoft we are mere mortals.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well I will try to install this, luckily I set to delay the restart to avoid issues however problems on those patches is surely influence by corrupted files.

A new fresh system may not easily encounter error patches since its a fresh isn't it? So likely its a environment where a user tweaks something that cause this trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.