Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Windows XP continues to shed market share but still won't give up its crown as the most used operating system.

Desktop Operating System Market Share October, 2011

CFT1102_10564705676.png

Link: Read More

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
XP was and still is probably one of my top favourites, i dont think i could ever fully dump XP, i have 2 computers with it still and i just cant bare to upgrade them, XP is a great OS i think they shouldnt have dumped XP.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
My Dad still uses it and he says that once XP gets outdated then he will upgrade.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Windows XP is still one of the most popular Operating Systems worldwide since so much people prefers it for ease of use. It's pretty much outdated when it comes to security so most companies dumps Windows XP.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
BoXX28 said:
Windows XP is still one of the most popular Operating Systems worldwide since so much people prefers it for ease of use. It's pretty much outdated when it comes to security so most companies dumps Windows XP.

Yes, but there are still companies that still use it. I still have a copy of it but, once security patches stop being produced I will dump it.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I still have a copy of it sitting around here somewhere, Some of my customers opts in for Windows XP so I just give them what they want since I'm not gonna force them into using something that's not of their preference.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Not everyone would change to XP for modern OS like Vista and Win 7, just slow process on decreasing the usage and that time will come XP is really dead.

But at the certain time its still an active OS.

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
Our 5 years old laptop runs Windows XP, I wanted to upgrade it to Vista but it was not supported by it.

D

Deleted member 178

i have a copy saved too, XP was a major improvement to Windows OS, light and easy to use.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
It's just too bad to see that support for this Operating System will soon go out.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As long XP is still exist, we need to enjoy that applications were still compatible to XP. As in the future all application will be compatible to Vista up to the present one.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Windows XP still played a huge part with what we have right now so it's one unforgettable Operating System.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.