On Sale! Windscribe – Lifetime VPN

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Windscribe stop! you passed 1 million users already! You need to pay servers keep only yearly and monthly.
Agreed. It might benefit them in short term but in long term there might not be enough revenue to maintain the service. I wonder how many of Windscribe users are monthly/yearly paying users.

Reactions: antreas

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
Windscribe stop! you passed 1 million users already! You need to pay servers keep only yearly and monthly.
Hm im pretty sure the owners realy know how much they can give lifetime licenses away with low prices etc. :) There is no reason to stop "promotion" ir they have enough money and nobody from us know how well it works. The devloper from Windscribe wrote somewhere(dont know wich forum) that the service(windscribe) is alrdy running very very well and the income is more than enough. :)

A

antreas

Hm im pretty sure the owners realy know how much they can give lifetime licenses away with low prices etc. :) There is no reason to stop "promotion" ir they have enough money and nobody from us know how well it works. The devloper from Windscribe wrote somewhere(dont know wich forum) that the service(windscribe) is alrdy running very very well and the income is more than enough. :)

If you know the forum please tell me the name. I am active on MalwareTips only... :oops:

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

windscribe

From Windscribe
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Dec 28, 2016

We paused the deal for several months to get some data and realized that having the lifetime deal makes no difference on our regular price sales, in fact they actually go up due to the promotional exposure that comes with lifetime accounts. As long as lfietime accounts is not the only source of new users, it's perfectly okay to run it long term.

On another note, Windscribe is the #1 free VPN, according to Techradar: The best free VPN 2017 | TechRadar

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
We paused the deal for several months to get some data and realized that having the lifetime deal makes no difference on our regular price sales, in fact they actually go up due to the promotional exposure that comes with lifetime accounts. As long as lfietime accounts is not the only source of new users, it's perfectly okay to run it long term.

On another note, Windscribe is the #1 free VPN, according to Techradar: The best free VPN 2017 | TechRadar
May I ask if you have any plans to add split tunnelling in the future? It's a feature I'd love to use but I'm not sure how it would work with the firewall.

I guess you could argue the browser extensions act as such but I have other programs I'd like to force traffic encryption on without affecting others.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017

Congratulations on such achievements! I want to ask something. How many of your customers are monthly/yearly paying premium users? Exclude lifetime subscribers here.

Reactions: frogboy
A

antreas

Congratulations on such achievements! I want to ask something. How many of your customers are monthly/yearly paying premium users? Exclude lifetime subscribers here.
I don't think this info can be shared to public.
I was using other vpn before i bought lifetime windscribe account and i asked this question in there live chat and they said they can't share this info.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I don't think this info can be shared to public.
I was using other vpn before i bought lifetime windscribe account and i asked this question in there live chat and they said they can't share this info.
I see. Thanks. Maybe for some privacy or security reasons.

Reactions: frogboy

sunrise

Level 2
Verified
Aug 2, 2014
@windscribe, few improvements and suggestions

(i) is it possible to add a search box for which country we wish to connect? It's faster and easier to type then scrolling and maybe missing it.
(ii) add a FAQ on list of country which you have servers on or simply list them on the front page of windscribe?

Btw, I bought a license. Speed's good.

A

antreas

Still no android app and whitelist website from proxy usage on browser extension doesn't work. o_O

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Still no android app and whitelist website from proxy usage on browser extension doesn't work. o_O
Native android app is on its way apparently. Q2 2017 is their predicted timetable which extends to July 1st.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.