Advice Request Windscribe not connecting today

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
I have never seen this before. Anyone else having issues?

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Ever since I upgraded to 1809, VPN has been broken for me. I just can't get it to work properly, IKEv2 is completely broken. Microsoft probably knows that.

Reactions: Weebarra

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Running 1809

When my home WiFi is connected Windscribe is trying to connect....IKEv2

When Windscribe is connected my home WiFi is disconnected

When both are connected I can't watch movies on TEATV

So I just stop Windscribe and watch movies through my home WiFi

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Better revert it back to 1803.
That's the only thing wrong with it. I researched it and people said that Intel needs to update their Wifi drivers. And it's true. The drivers on their website are all for 1803. I remember having the same issue with 1803 when it was new. I will just wait for the new drivers.

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That's the only thing wrong with it. I researched it and people said that Intel needs to update their Wifi drivers. And it's true. The drivers on their website are all for 1803. I remember having the same issue with 1803 when it was new. I will just wait for the new drivers.
Then, this will not be a good news for Windscribe and its users. Mind you, the vendor just pushed very hard, i mean very very hard to enlist lifetime subscribers.

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Then, this will not be a good news for Windscribe and its users. Mind you, the vendor just pushed very hard, i mean very very hard to enlist lifetime subscribers.
Only IKEv2 is broken. OpenVPN via UDP and TCP work fine which is the default. But IKEv2 is incredible, the speed and ping of nearby servers is almost like my regular Internet connection and connections are stable. Microsoft is even struggling to make it work on 1803. There's nothing we can do until Intel updates the drivers.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Only IKEv2 is broken. OpenVPN via UDP and TCP work fine which is the default. But IKEv2 is incredible, the speed and ping of nearby servers is almost like my regular Internet connection and connections are stable. Microsoft is even struggling to make it work on 1803. There's nothing we can do until Intel updates the drivers.
I'm having hard time as well to keep connection running with inbuilt Ikev2 in 1809 and config from windscribe, had same problems in 1803 as well. Definately not servers fault, because works perfectly with strongswan on android. Tried up till now almost every possible solution on Win.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Work Well here :)
5.png

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Connection still fine here as well.

~LDogg

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
IKEv2 just failed here, few KMs from where Windscribe HQ is located. Server contected was in Europe.
I noticed that it has installed its own network adapter driver on user's machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.