Not open for further replies.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
WINJA_PNG.png

Winja V4.1 version officially available. Since the beta release few little things were fixed, design was a little bit improved to it final version.

As requested from a member, you can now filter Antivirus Brand by detection status, I don't think I will give the possibility to black list certain Antivirus Brand, I'm not fan of the idea, I'm not confortable with the idea to let a user hide some Antivirus Brand in the program, since Antivirus Brands and VirusTotal are generously sharing their engines for my program, I don't want disadvantage some Antivirus Brands.

Winja V4.1 Final Changelog

Code:
- When closing main window, the process now ends, now only minimize on system tray is optional and available. This is a more natural way of hiding application to tray.
- Many parts of the program was recoded from scratch for the maintainability / stability / reliability / speed optimization
- AAI (Advanced Application Inspection) is now fully dissociated from Winja and will be released as a separated application but bundled in a futur version of Winja when ready for deployment. This was done to make Winja lighter, again for maintainability and for 32 / 64 bit optimization when attaching an application. No ETA
- Network Monitor added to Extra Tools. Two position mode available, align on caption bar or bottom of Extra Tools
- Phrozen Material Menu updated to V2.0 and now support menu headers / fill glyphs / greyscale glyphs.
- Process Viewer fully recoded using low level API's, support now process creation time and fix a rare but critical bug which freeze the whole program.
- You can now disable the behavior of listing by parent > child Process Viewer items.
- Delphi Compiler was updated from 10 Seattle to 10.2 Tokyo.
- VirusTotal API's usage improved, scan tasks recoded from scratch which induce a better scan performance.
- New scan option added, 'Never Submit Unknown Samples', for confidentiality reason, if a file report wasn't found on VT servers, you can disable the default behavior to upload a new sample for further analysis.
- Logs added to Scanning Tasks frame, then you can follow the scanning process.
- Download And Scan feature rethought and improved
- Task Scheduler Listing feature recoded from scratch, and rethought to be more user friendly.
- New option added to filter Antivirus Engine by detection
- Winja main user interface updated
- Phrozen material buttons updated to V2.0
- Standardized beautiful icons
- Phrozen Material Message Box component updated to V2.0
- Phrozen Material Caption Bar updated to version 2.0 and support animation, textures etc...
- Scanning Tasks design / ergonomics fully rethought
- Results Tasks design / ergonomics fully rethought as well
- Report Analysis Window design improved
- Minor bugs fixed in Windows Shadows
- Rescan file bug fixed
- Phrozen Material Notification implemented, beautiful notification style using Phrozen Material Graphical Engine.
- Winja Desktop Widget updated and support now Opacity Level as new option

Download Link : Download - Phrozen

Winja is only at is beginning, lot of ideas are still waiting to be implemented. Also as you can see on the above Winja wallpaper, two Winja derived product are already planned and under production :)

What it looks like :

home.png

report.png

running-process.png

scan-tasks.png

task-scheduler.png

url-download-scan.png

desktop-notification.png

widget.png

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
@JPLesueur
Man oh man, I have an ever growing respect for you, your skill in getting Winja to where it is now, is second to none. You must have some amazing "Dev vision" that you translated into a fun and stout tool. You and Dan of VS are truly artists in my book.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
@JPLesueur
Man oh man, I have an ever growing respect for you, your skill in getting Winja to where it is now, is second to none. You must have some amazing "Dev vision" that you translated into a fun and stout tool. You and Dan of VS are truly artists in my book.

Thank you so much ! :)

You have a true vision of my feelings when I code my programs, I like to consider application development like a form of modern art.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As requested from a member, you can now filter Antivirus Brand by detection status
I didn't notice that when you first released this version, but just found it in the settings, and it's working well. I also see that when you rescan a file, the original scan result is now still shown, which is very handy.

One issue I have found with v4.x releases, is that when you don't filter the scan results, when you click on "Signature Name" to sort the scan results, instead of listing the non clean results before the clean ones, depending on the Signature Name, some non clean results get listed after the clean ones.
I don't think I will give the possibility to black list certain Antivirus Brand, I'm not fan of the idea, I'm not confortable with the idea to let a user hide some Antivirus Brand in the program, since Antivirus Brands and VirusTotal are generously sharing their engines for my program, I don't want disadvantage some Antivirus Brands.
I understand that you have your reasons, but I think this would be a very useful feature to have, considering that there are a few antiviruses that major issues with false positives, leading them to flagging many clean files as being malicious. It would be great to be able to exclude these scanners.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
One issue I have found with v4.x releases, is that when you don't filter the scan results, when you click on "Signature Name" to sort the scan results, instead of listing the non clean results before the clean ones, depending on the Signature Name, some non clean results get listed after the clean ones.

Yeah, the reason is that I filter this column by String and I might probably by detection.

I understand that you have your reasons, but I think this would be a very useful feature to have, considering that there are a few antiviruses that major issues with false positives, leading them to flagging many clean files as being malicious. It would be great to be able to exclude these scanners.

I agree this feature would be very useful, but I will seriously think about the ethic for Antivirus Brands ;)

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
Hi @JPLesueur

Any Infos for the Multilangjagd Version of IT

Any infos when will you Plan to change the Installation to C Programm

With best Regards
Mops21

Nothing is planned for an IT translation, I could give you the translation files but the problem is the difficulty to maintain such language file for futur version. I'm thinking about a solution for that.

Actually since version 4.0B the installation is now moved from APPDATA to ProgramFiles (86 or 64) if you already installed Winja before uninstall it and reinstall.

Hope it helps

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Nothing is planned for an IT translation, I could give you the translation files but the problem is the difficulty to maintain such language file for futur version. I'm thinking about a solution for that.

Actually since version 4.0B the installation is now moved from APPDATA to ProgramFiles (86 or 64) if you already installed Winja before uninstall it and reinstall.

Hope it helps

Ah okay thank you very much for your Infos

With best Regards
Mops21

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
That was a nice adjustment, I noticed it in Process Lasso when it listed the install location.
Did a lot of users voice concerns about it being in the AppData location ? lol

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
That was a nice adjustment, I noticed it in Process Lasso when it listed the install location.
Did a lot of users voice concerns about it being in the AppData location ? lol

I moved to Program Files for security reason, since program start as admin using Microsoft Task Scheduler, I prefer to see the application in an admin protected folder to avoid possible Malware to hijack the file to run as admin at startup.

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
This is really interesting! Do you plan on updating it and improving the effectiveness of the software?

Node

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2017
Yeah I have a huge bunch of idea in mind, but what do you mean by improve effectiveness of the software ? What makes it so ineffective ?

By improving the effectiveness I simply meant do you plan on adding any other features as a guard/defense.

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
By improving the effectiveness I simply meant do you plan on adding any other features as a guard/defense.

I'm working on a special edition of Winja for that.

This version of Winja was not intended to be an automatic scanner, only an on demand scanner which focus on dangerous location Malware could be found ;)

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I'm afraid you can't directly from the program. It didn't implement any function for that (my bad)

You need to go to installation path and remove the data.db file which contain the whole history.

hope it helps
I hope you add it in near future. Does deleting data.db remove only the scan history or the settings as well?
Also hope you'll add "Scan URL" feature in the future, if Virustotal allows it. Downloading files and uploading to scan isn't so convenient for not so fast internet.
Thanks for this awesome program! (y)

Last edited:

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Thread author
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
I hope you add it in near future. Does deleting data.db remove only the scan history or the settings as well?
Also hope you'll add "Scan URL" feature in the future, if Virustotal allows it. Downloading files and uploading to scan isn't so convenient for not so fast internet.
Thanks for this awesome program! (y)

Removing data.db only remove scan history not the settings.

Settings are stored in registry HKCU\Software\PhrozenWinja ;)

I Don't think VirusTotal propose way to scan remote file but I will take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.