Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
sshot-1.png

We know, most of you have been waiting expectantly for quite a long time for the successor of our hugely successful Phrozen VirusTotal Uploader. We are proud to announce that we can finally announce the news: Winja – short for Windows Ninja – is much more than an advanced uploader for a Multi-Antivirus Engine Scanner.

The program was recoded from scratch and applies VirusTotal API’s in a more optimized and sophisticated way to save network resources and time. The program now checks for a previous existence of a scan in the archives of VirusTotal before uploading the file itself. Naturally, we offer an option to rescan a file to get a more recent check of available Anti-virus databases.

The program is also completely redesigned to meet our highest standards and our novel Phrozen Material Component Set combines the style of Google Material and Windows 10 graphical trends.
The program now offers crispy clean and very user-friendly design that operates also very smooth, effective and efficient even on older computers.

The program is designed so that even inexperienced computer users can effortlessly operate Winja.

You can simply and safely

• Classically browse for file from your internal drives/network drives/removable drives
  • Download and scan from an HTTP URL (without any risk for your system)
  • Select a running process called Quick Process Scan.

But we also offer an advanced panel called “Extra Tools” for more expert users. It offers a lot of native system functionalities that allows you to dig deeper into your system and unearth malware from their favorite locations.

This advanced panel was specifically designed and coded to be plugin-ready which means it is ready to be progressively updated via our new Live Update System with any number of functionalities .
Full Article

Download Winja V1 RC1
https://www.phrozensoft.com/uploads/2016/05/WinjaRC1_5967-44982_setup.exe

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
A portable version would be useful to me. This i don't see the use.

Reactions: Prorootect

RXZ6Q

Level 4
Verified
Mar 30, 2016
Is there an option to report known harmful files? Can I scan multiple running processes at once?

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Just tried it, have to say as a long time user of Phrozen Virustotal uploader this program is still in it's very early stages.

After installing, right away I ran into a error saying that I do not have permission to run this file and that I should contact my admin (I am the admin for my computer). I had to manually run it in admin for it to work. Next I wanted to see the speed of it using a malware pack from the hub, I got a pack with 11 samples just to see how fast it would go. Turns out not fast at all compared to the old tool. Not only that, this tool is unable to properly optimize itself for the uploading, and I got another error saying that I've sent too many files at a time and I should try again later. Manually sending 1 file at a time fixes this error but what's the point? If I wanted to send 1 file at a time I could just use the normal uploader on the site.

Next issue is the GUI when checking the results for the scan, when the scan results come back and you want to take a look how many vendors detect it and which vendors they are, the GUI bumps the results for the rest of the scans down, meaning if you have 11 files and expand them all you'll have an incredibly stupid long list to scroll down on. I like the previous tool where you are able to double click on the result and it opens on another window which you could also do sorting and close easily. Not only that, the previous tool made it easier to compare between different results as well compared to this new one which requires you to do a lot of scrolling back and forth if you want to compare the results of 2 different files and scans.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
The Home UI tab could do with some improvements.

Is there an option to report known harmful files? Can I scan multiple running processes at once?
"Also by submitting a file you find suspicious you participate in helping Anti-virus companies to collect samples that you have decided to send for further analysis.

Also by submitting a file you find suspicious you participate in helping Anti-virus companies to collect samples that you have decided to send for further analysis."

Source : Phrozen Software™ - Official Website

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
Just tried it, have to say as a long time user of Phrozen Virustotal uploader this program is still in it's very early stages.

After installing, right away I ran into a error saying that I do not have permission to run this file and that I should contact my admin (I am the admin for my computer). I had to manually run it in admin for it to work. Next I wanted to see the speed of it using a malware pack from the hub, I got a pack with 11 samples just to see how fast it would go. Turns out not fast at all compared to the old tool. Not only that, this tool is unable to properly optimize itself for the uploading, and I got another error saying that I've sent too many files at a time and I should try again later. Manually sending 1 file at a time fixes this error but what's the point? If I wanted to send 1 file at a time I could just use the normal uploader on the site.

Next issue is the GUI when checking the results for the scan, when the scan results come back and you want to take a look how many vendors detect it and which vendors they are, the GUI bumps the results for the rest of the scans down, meaning if you have 11 files and expand them all you'll have an incredibly stupid long list to scroll down on. I like the previous tool where you are able to double click on the result and it opens on another window which you could also do sorting and close easily. Not only that, the previous tool made it easier to compare between different results as well compared to this new one which requires you to do a lot of scrolling back and forth if you want to compare the results of 2 different files and scans.

Thanks for your review; As you said the program is in a very early stage and many optimization and changes will come on next release.

I will apply your remarks and remove (or make optional in settings the possibility to see as a tree list the scan result in the results tab / by default not). I agree it is not really friendly for comparison.

Also for the scan limitation; I will attempt to fix that issue in my side even if the limitation is fixed by VirusTotal itself (unless you use your own API key without limitations). Got an idea to avoid this issue with a simple retry.

@Huracan I already have a better concept of the Home Tab GUI; I will attempt to apply the new home theme for next version then ;)

PS @Hanmin147 for the admin issue how does it occurs, I tested on XP, 7, 8.1 and 10 I don't see a such error. Could you tell me more ?

Regards

JPL

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
Thanks for your review; As you said the program is in a very early stage and many optimization and changes will come on next release.

I will apply your remarks and remove (or make optional in settings the possibility to see as a tree list the scan result in the results tab / by default not). I agree it is not really friendly for comparison.

Also for the scan limitation; I will attempt to fix that issue in my side even if the limitation is fixed by VirusTotal itself (unless you use your own API key without limitations). Got an idea to avoid this issue with a simple retry.

@Huracan I already have a better concept of the Home Tab GUI; I will attempt to apply the new home theme for next version then ;)

PS @Hanmin147 for the admin issue how does it occurs, I tested on XP, 7, 8.1 and 10 I don't see a such error. Could you tell me more ?

Regards

JPL
Hey good to see you here too, thanks for taking a look at suggestions! I've attached a screenshot on what the error looks like when I run it. By default it runs without elevated admin prompt, which does not allow for it to run at all (as seen in the error), but when I run as admin manually it works just fine.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-4_22-2-6.png
    upload_2016-5-4_22-2-6.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 415

JPLesueur

From Phrozen Software
Verified
Developer
May 3, 2016
Hey good to see you here too, thanks for taking a look at suggestions! I've attached a screenshot on what the error looks like when I run it. By default it runs without elevated admin prompt, which does not allow for it to run at all (as seen in the error), but when I run as admin manually it works just fine.

The error seems to be linked to your security policies settings and not directly caused by Winja itself.

Look here : "System Administrator has blocked this action" error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.