Advice Request WinPatrol Update

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Burrito

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
It's still dead.

They don't even have a valid site certificate.

Many of you have been wondering...

And MalwarePatrol (whatever that is) at VirusTotal indicates that WinPatrol.com is malicious.

Could it be?

Has Scotty gone rogue?

Maybe MalwarePatrol does not like other products (even dead ones) that use the term "Patrol."

That is all.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
i decided to pull out my winpatrol trio to play with. first off, it was difficult to find download sites for them all. winpatrol war was the most difficult (albeit, i had a copy of winpatrol firewall, so it might be hard to find too). i installed the pro version of winpatrol without a problem. however, both winpatrol firewall and winpatrol war gave me an "invalid license". they are not invalid, i still have the original receipts with the keys. long story short, i can't run the full versions for the firewall or war anymore.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
i decided to pull out my winpatrol trio to play with. first off, it was difficult to find download sites for them all. winpatrol war was the most difficult (albeit, i had a copy of winpatrol firewall, so it might be hard to find too). i installed the pro version of winpatrol without a problem. however, both winpatrol firewall and winpatrol war gave me an "invalid license". they are not invalid, i still have the original receipts with the keys. long story short, i can't run the full versions for the firewall or war anymore.
It's time to move on. Winpatrol has been dead for a long time.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Try to contact support (the developer) he is/was all in one at this company and ask him what is going on with your lifetime keys. You should be able to activate them with the help of support. Maybe the activation servers are down and then yes it's a dead software. I don't know if they provide offline activation.
I am terribly sorry he went down the hill with this softwares as I liked them a lot. I was also using all three software up to last year.

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
Try to contact support (the developer) he is/was all in one at this company and ask him what is going on with your lifetime keys. You should be able to activate them with the help of support. Maybe the activation servers are down and then yes it's a dead software. I don't know if they provide offline activation.
I am terribly sorry he went down the hill with this softwares as I liked them a lot. I was also using all three software up to last year.
i also thought the server might be down. but the winpatrol pro version installed and registered fine, only the firewall and war did not. i wonder if bill had the original licensing set up differently with his winpatrol than ruiware does for his addendum softwares (?): though, that would be a mite weird.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.