Advice Request Wise Care 365 Pro - Do you use it? Is it trustworthy?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmitry_rus

Level 1
Feb 13, 2017
Usually I call it (such type of software) "fakeware". :) Why? Let's start from scratch... So, 1-st feature: disk defrag tool. These tools are built-in in any modern OS, working with standard API calls. So, I can defrag my disk via standard built-in solution. 2-nd feature: registry optimization. Another "urban legend"... Registry fragmentation has almost no effect on performance. And so on...
As a fact, numerous boosters/optimizers mainly written to pay for them. This is the main goal of their creators. IMO, most of such software are "fake" and useless software, which simulates rough activity (no doubt, it impresses newbies), but real useful results are about 0 (except wasting your disk). Independent experts and computer scientists have investigated the effectiveness of the software. They concluded that the software practically does NOT improve your PC, compared with the standard system maintenance programs.
I have used it on my Acer Notebook, and no problems have occurred
No problems yet? You're lucky! :) I prefer CCleaner (only for fast&easy %temp% and FF/Chrome cache cleaning, no optimization).

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've used it for some time & 365 offers far more that so called Registry Cleaning (which CCleaner also offers) I got a 3 PC Lifetime licence a year or so back & is for me is quite useful. I've found it quite safe & it IMO as least as good as CCleaner & actually complimentary to it. I'm not a ‘newbie’ my first Windows version was 3. Of course these things are always subjective but for me it’s never caused any problems & very, very different to the plethora of registry cleaners out there that do nothing, so IMO give it a try. There are parts of the program I never use, & yes I could manage without it but I quite like the program. :)

Last edited:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Usually I call it (such type of software) "fakeware". :) Why? Let's start from scratch... So, 1-st feature: disk defrag tool. These tools are built-in in any modern OS, working with standard API calls. So, I can defrag my disk via standard built-in solution. 2-nd feature: registry optimization. Another "urban legend"... Registry fragmentation has almost no effect on performance. And so on...
As a fact, numerous boosters/optimizers mainly written to pay for them. This is the main goal of their creators. IMO, most of such software are "fake" and useless software, which simulates rough activity (no doubt, it impresses newbies), but real useful results are about 0 (except wasting your disk). Independent experts and computer scientists have investigated the effectiveness of the software. They concluded that the software practically does NOT improve your PC, compared with the standard system maintenance programs.

I prefer CCleaner (only for fast&easy %temp% and FF/Chrome cache cleaning, no optimization).

I disagree, WiseCleaner software for Windows exceeds the capabilities from that of CCleaner.

My opinion is CCleaner on Windows 10 is (a crap Cleaner.) Mediocre at best.

Fake and Useless?
I would be interested to hear what your views are on Defraggler and CCleaner for Android.

Basic clearing of junk files (incomplete list):
  • Use Clear Data settings via the browser's settings - tedious
    • or use Incognito/Private mode - not always practical
  • Occasionally run Windows Disk Clean-up after a major update - can be slow with HDD / older hardware
  • Windows 10 Storage Sense to empty Temp/Recycle/Downloads (older than 30 days) - not a deep clean, manual run
upload_2018-1-3_19-50-9.png
If you want to use the non-Pro license of Wise Cleaner on Windows, and don't need an all-in-one solution (optional):
My personal choices are BleachBit (w/ Winapp2.ini) and Wise Disk Cleaner (Portable).

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Thread author
Thanks a lot for your kind recommendations/answers:)

jollydan

Level 1
Verified
Dec 1, 2017
I've used Wise Care 365 for a long long time and I find it useful & safe to use. Before you run it, check your Drive C how much space is left and then run Wise Care. You'll see how much space it regains after running it. I'd highly recommend it. :)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
It is a good product IMO, I don't know whether is or not trustworthy. It is a chinese based company so decide for yourself. What can they do bad to you?
Beyond any reasonable doubt they are ok.
Block connection in firewall and all potential data collection issue solved.

Been using Wise Disk Cleaner and it beats Ccleaner, while causing no issues. A great product and highly recommended.

lancer502

Level 1
Jan 1, 2018
I always assumed Wise Care was just bloat ware because it’s always bundled in download.com installers and stuff but maybe I’ll try it out.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I have used it and disk and registry cleaner don't have caused any problems.
The module with the various system optimizations seems to me a placebo (probably it modifies specific registry keys), but also it doesn't create problems.
The defrag module is useless in my opinion.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I always assumed Wise Care was just bloat ware because it’s always bundled in download.com installers and stuff but maybe I’ll try it out.
It is a like a Swiss knife, you do not have to use all features to find it useful.

The again, if you install separate modules, like Wise Disk Cleaner, you can use some features, like automatic cleaning, not available for free within WiseCare.

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I have been using it for a long time Wise Disc Cleaner and I think it is the best.
there were never any problems with him and nothing bad.
only this unnecessary function is defragmenting the disk, but it does not have to be used.
the program is good and does its job well.
but everyone can have their opinions.:)

Reactions: Overlord

Overlord

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Well-known
Feb 22, 2013
Personally, I use Wise Registry Cleaner and Wise Disc Cleaner (portable). Wise Care 365 Pro is a tool kit that is noteworthy.:)

Reactions: jerzy601 and Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.