Not open for further replies.

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
The system tune-up tab in Wise Registry Cleaner has various optimization features that really optimizes your PC. I tried this, and my boot-up, and system shut-down times has decreased by more than 50% even on a newly installed OS. Also the applications load times are faster and the system is far more responsive. Kudos to that.

What have you felt after trying this out?

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@askmark

Same here.
The only way I can think of for speeding boot times on a fresh install would be to turn off unnecessary start-up items.

As a general rule , I avoid registry cleaners , optimizers , and defraggers like the plague .
There is simply no point in using them , and there is a very real probability that they will bork your system .

I tested Wise Care ( and Kerish Doctor ) last year on a spare machine , and I did use the reg tune-up and I did need the rollback ,
or whatever name they give it .

Last edited:

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
@askmark

Same here.
The only way I can think of for speeding boot times on a fresh install would be to turn off unnecessary start-up items

I agree, but what startup items?

Why can't these programs be transparent about what they do? Oh yeah then we'd find out they do very little, other than make a few registry changes I could have done myself.

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I'd be interested to know what changes it makes to a fresh windows install that apparently make such dramatic improvements to performance?

cPWXpk0.png

1mj4JsU.png

5W5Hgkt.png

@askmark

Same here.
The only way I can think of for speeding boot times on a fresh install would be to turn off unnecessary start-up items.

As a general rule , I avoid registry cleaners , optimizers , and defraggers like the plague .
There is simply no point in using them , and there is a very real probability that they will bork your system .

I tested Wise Care ( and Kerish Doctor ) last year on a spare machine , and I did use the reg tune-up and I did need the rollback ,
or whatever name they give it .

The optimization feature didnt disable any startup items as I had disabled almost everything except my antivirus from starting up automatically earlier.

Last edited:

shukla44

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 14, 2016
I use selected tuneups from every category. It has helped, even if a little....

And yes, the tuneups are far more reliable than they seem in Wise registry cleaner.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
Well..rollback is fine... but I want to know what changes are being made to my system... "Optimize LAN connection"... sounds nice... but what changes is it making. Where is the "tuneups" documentation for Wise products?

Reactions: TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
What have you felt after trying this out?
I prefer to do tweaks myself to know, what they actually do. The most significants ones are "AutoEndTasks" related.

Wise does really update those values. Like "Disable Autoplay" is wrong, I contacted them twice about it, still no fix.

"NoDriveTypeAutoRun" should be "FF", they use "DD", I believe it is a typo.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/967715

It is probably better to use SG TCP Optimizer for internet optimizations, it is updated based on Windows changes.

Well..rollback is fine... but I want to know what changes are being made to my system...

Same here. You can see, what it does via Process Explorer. Use those 2 filters, select any option you want, Apply and it should popup, then you can google it.

Attachments

• capture_02252018_115305.jpg
    capture_02252018_115305.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:
Reactions: Azure and roger_m
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello I have used WiseCare Pro for the past 6 months and never had any issues:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.