Advice Request Wise Vector On-Demand Scan Detected "Plants versus zombies" as PUP

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Has anyone noticed Wise Vector claiming "Plants versus zombies" as a pup, I keep this game for grandson"s visits{with shadow defender do to his click on everything mentality}It also flags the play pogo games as well. Anyone else seeing this with other scanners? as virus total and hitman pro scan it clean? I am not using Vector protection, just as a secondary scanner.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Has anyone noticed Wise Vector claiming "Plants versus zombies" as a pup, I keep this game for grandson"s visits{with shadow defender do to his click on everything mentality}It also flags the play pogo games as well. Anyone else seeing this with other scanners? as virus total and hitman pro scan it clean? I am not using Vector protection, just as a secondary scanner.
Hi Dave Russo,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Does WiseVector StopX flag the pogo games as pups as well? Pups are detected by signature not AI, so the rate of false positive is lower than Heuristic detection. If the game installer has bundled adware, spyware or unnecessary browser toolbar, WiseVector StopX will flag it as a pup.
Please submit the files via WiseVector Stopx "upload files" directly. If the files are over 20M, please send them to virus@wisevector.com.
We will solve this problem in 24 hours.

Best Regards,
WiseVector

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.