Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
As Xbox One owners know, titles often don’t run a native resolution of 1920×1080. Its underpowered GPU leaves many developers sacrificing resolution, fidelity, or frame rate to get their games up and running. However, the developers at CD Projekt RED aren’t content to compromise. To squeeze out every ounce of power, the upcoming game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will dynamically raise the resolution up to 1080p whenever possible. While it’s not a perfect solution, this is likely the best way forward on the existing hardware.

Earlier this year, CD Projekt RED confirmed that its latest title would run at 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the Xbox One. Both versions will be running at 30fps, but the resolution difference was disappointing — if not surprising. But earlier this week, the Polish company announced that the Xbox One version will actually be dynamically running anywhere between 900p and 1080p. In a public statement, the developers confirmed that they have “been working to give gamers an even better experience on Xbox One and, on day one, we’ll bring you dynamic scaling from 900p to 1080p.”

Source

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Did Microsoft not think that the standard resolution would be 1080p? That should be the target minimum.

(Not interested in PC gamers 4K talk)

Reactions: OokamiCreed

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Did Microsoft not think that the standard resolution would be 1080p? That should be the target minimum.

(Not interested in PC gamers 4K talk)
I agree they should have!:rolleyes:

Reactions: OokamiCreed

OokamiCreed

Level 18
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2015
720p 30fps is more than good enough for me. Textures will make a game look better than resolution. Graphics vs gameplay? Gameplay. Period. This is coming from both a console, handheld, and PC gamer so don't go flaming me. I started on PC in 2000. I have no bias in gaming devices.

Did Microsoft not think that the standard resolution would be 1080p? That should be the target minimum

I do agree with this, however this does not bother me personally. They really should have done more to amp up it's GPU regardless... future games will take more and more. Only so much Directx 12 will do, and it's main purpose will really only to cut back on stress, not make ANY hardware more powerful. I hope that developers don't keep worrying about graphics and botch the gameplay as most do nowadays. I guess graphics sell better than gameplay... I still find myself playing those old classics like Age of Empires 1 and 2.

Sorry if this is off topic in any way. I will add that this game doesn't exactly look special in the graphics department when compared to other games on the Xbox One like Battlefield. Heck I like State of Decay's graphics better than this (even if they aren't better). Graphics only matter in animations for movies/anime, etc. Isn't having the control and the options enough for anyone anymore in games? Feel like I will regret posting this... lol

Venustus

Level 59
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Yes the graphics are not to my liking either!The "Frostbite" engine is superior graphics wise, as is the Unreal engine 3>>Arkham knight etc!
It's all a matter, as you state, on how the engine is utilised in the game itself!:)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.