World’s First 2.5-Inch 1TB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke[Dumke480]

Thread author
Oct 28, 2011
OCZ’s new Octane series is the first solid state drive to squeeze one full terabyte of storage into a 2.5-inch drive, but the awesome doesn’t stop there. It has read speeds of up to 560MB/s and write speeds of 400MB/s, versus top competitors who are at 500MB/s read and 315MB/s write.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/10/worlds-first-2-5-inch-1tb-ssd-needs-to-be-in-laptop-bellies-now/

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
BoXX28 said:
This is great! Just Great! This is a great must have for hardcore gamers.

I have to agree. Gamers will be happy with this.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
But with the amount the smaller ones cost these ones will be really expensive, so they will have to be hardcore gamers or just people who want the newest computer parts with money

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
imsoadude said:
But with the amount the smaller ones cost these ones will be really expensive, so they will have to be hardcore gamers or just people who want the newest computer parts with money

Very true. It will cost alot and at the moment I think that I will just wait till the price comes down.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
bad thing is, it'll cost what $6,000 or more?

LOL
$ 6,000?
no thank you. : p
too expensive,
and then SSDs can not be used for a long time (shorter than the hard disk)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
win7holic said:
LOL
$ 6,000?
no thank you. : p
too expensive,
and then SSDs can not be used for a long time (shorter than the hard disk)

Yeah, they are quite expensive. I would like to get the 120GB ones first before this one.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Luke[Dumke480] said:
that's a guessimation, since well, the 320GB is what 2,000?

I know. I don't know how big they are all I know is that I am going to get one of them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.