Not open for further replies.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Just after it introduced patch 4.2 for World of Warcraft, Blizzard has announced that the extremely popular MMO is now going free-to-play, but only until level 20.

World of Warcraft is currently the most popular online role-playing game out there, even if some subscribers have gotten tired of it, so Blizzard is trying to lure in even more people to its MMORPG.

The newest way to do this is by making it free to play, but only until level 20.

Up until now, World of Warcraft could have been tried out by new players in 14-day trials, during which they could have reached any level they wanted.

Now, the studio is trying to offer a bigger trial period for gamers that couldn't play World of Warcraft in a thorough way during those two weeks, while making it more difficult for them to depart with their character and their hard work.

In order to make it easier for these new players to jump into the full game, Blizzard has also introduced a special Digital Battle Chest of World of Warcraft, which includes the original title, as well as its first expansion, The Burning Crusade, available for $20 from its Battle.Net service.

Read more

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The newest way to do this is by making it free to play, but only until level 20.
Such a cheap trick...All the fun is after level 20!!:p ...Of course I would like to play (and buy it) if I managed to get to level 20.....
:)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Jack said:
Such a cheap trick...All the fun is after level 20!!:p ...Of course I would like to play (and buy it) if I managed to get to level 20.....
:)

Lvl 20 is easy to reach and also god fast. I would play start wars the old republic (www.swtor.com)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well its like a very fast to level until 20 once the user wants a continuous level up.

D

Deleted member 178

when i played WOW (i stopped at Burning Crusade when my all powerful hardly gained high epic rogue's stuff was beaten by the new green stuff wore by noob who didnt know how to play^^), all the fun was when my guild reach epic level instances (Molten core, Blackwing lair, etc...). Lv20 is so easy to reach and no real insight of how is the game.

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
I tried WoW sometime before as a free trail, way to boring for me. I like action games better anyway :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even I didn't play World of Warcraft it seems I gave up in the game by level up your character and add like dexterity, stamina and etc.

D

Deleted member 178

WOW is A super action game !!

as i guildmaster, i saw:

- members virtual adultery finishing by real-life adultery
- members who were rival in the game finishing by PVP each others for real
- member flirting a female member get caught by the boyfriend of her and chased
- i even "abused" of my leader position to have real "favor" from a female member wishing an epic item ! (my best memory ^^)

im sure action games cant give you that :D

The Analogue Kid

Apr 23, 2011
Well i tried WOW but was a Guildwars player and with GW2 on the way and looking like it's going to push MMO's in a new direction, this has come WAY!! to late. No thx.

Jack

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Did you guys played "Dragon Age : Origins " ? It's a really cool game...can compete with WOW any day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.