Advice Request Would this config be overkill; OSArmor, VoodooShield, and Windows Defender?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Dan the creator of VoodooShield was impressed by OSArmor and said that there was no problem running them side by side. I personally have stopped using VS because I found it too chatty and not completely stable at times.
Inspired by @Nightwalker I'm using Window defender (tweaked for maximum protection by @Andy Ful s Configure Defender, Comodo Firewall tweaked with @cruelsister s settings and OSArmor at default settings.
I'm at to moment very pleased with this setup.

So the short answer is: no there is no overkill.

askmark

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2016
Would it be a good idea to use OSArmor, VoodooShield, and Windows Defender? If so, what should I remove or replace?
Why not? I use them all, plus ERP 4, and have no problems.

The only issue is OSArmor has so many options, it's a pain to know what will or won't work with your system, without some trial and error. Personally, I enable all options and then use "Passive Logging" to identify from my daily workflow what processes/actions/tasks need an exclusion rule.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
Dan the creator of VoodooShield was impressed by OSArmor and said that there was no problem running them side by side. I personally have stopped using VS because I found it too chatty and not completely stable at times.
Inspired by @Nightwalker I'm using Window defender (tweaked for maximum protection by @Andy Ful s Configure Defender, Comodo Firewall tweaked with @cruelsister s settings and OSArmor at default settings.
I'm at to moment very pleased with this setup.

So the short answer is: no there is no overkill.
Same setup as me minus the OSArmour. My system is running great with this setup.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.