Would you run a browser based crypto-miner to get free extra bandwidth or even a Pro account?

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
I'm not sure. It depends on how much you earn by letting them use your CPU. In my country electricity is relatively expensive, so mining bitcoins is not very profitable.
Note: I think the poll should have an option like "not sure". "Sure" and "no way" sounds too much decided.

Allego

Level 2
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
Lol

Attachments

• lol.png
    lol.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 706
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Thread author
Sadly, another software to abandon on my PC. This "crypto-mining" using your PC resources in exchange for goodies is just unacceptable. That could be one way how Windscribe pays for VPN servers, or, they don't.. It's crazy what people are up to, just to get something "free" and wonder why they end up in Malware Removal Forums.. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
LOL! Seriously!?
I think that Windscribe guys have lost their minds. Another VPN provider added to my blacklist.

I totally agree, well they say nothing in life is free. I am sure they will lose a lot of customers with this announcement but on the other hand, we are not being forced into signing up for it ..... well, not yet anyway and there will always be people who feel they are getting something for nothing without really knowing much about it.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
lol, they have to make money so if none is paying they will find other ways to pay for servers. There is nothing free or extremely cheap.
That is correct. Windscribe giving so cheap lifetime licenses and 50-60 GB per month lifetime for free wouldn't last them long. It was only a matter of time.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Guys. Just chill.
Why are people uninstalling Windscribe when it works? Windscribe is offering you a feature but you do not need to use this. We're not paying for this service and we become each month 50GB free bandwith and a secure VPN. If Windscribe will go down we will simply just search for a another service. Just think about it.

You're funny. Windscribe changed nothing in the VPN software. I can't understand you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Guys. Just chill.
Why are people uninstalling Windscribe when it works? Windscribe is offering you a feature but you do not need to use this. We're not paying for this service and we become each month 50GB free bandwith and a secure VPN. If Windscribe will go down we will simply just search for a another service. Just think about it.
The point is why should they be offering this in the first place!;):)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.