WPS Office 2019 - Best Free Office ever?

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
I love the new 2019 version of WPS Office. They have done a pretty good job with the interface.

The installer has been changed, it's a lot cleaner, and provides different options for setup. Change-log isn't official yet and I wasn't able to find it online.

* The first screen gives you an option for All-in-one mode or Multi-component mode. The All-in-one mode allows you to open Presentation, Excel and Documents in a single window with different tabs. This is an awesome mode to experience your office documents getting rid of multi window mode.

* Lot of new skins, new interface and fonts. The new interface is exceptionally good and clean too.

Difference from the Pro version: (nothing that I miss though)

*Cloud storage (20GB)
*PDF to Word
*PDF Split
*Merge PDF
*No Ads
*Picture to Text

My Overall impression after 20min of usage - a solid 9.5/10 and a huge improvement over the 2016 version.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I read about this on the OMGUBUNTU site. in the comments on that site people were complaining about the UI but I think it looks clean and tidy. The ad's in an office suite is a deal breaker for me though unless I can block them and keep full functionality of the office suite.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
The ad's in an office suite is a deal breaker for me though unless I can block them and keep full functionality of the office suite.
I have not seen any ads for a long time, ever since I block it in the firewall.

First time I've ever heard of this. I'll have to check it out.
Once I installed this version, my files started to run in 20 secs instead of 1 sec. I have removed some WPS's exe files and thought, that did the trick, but the next day it went back to 20 secs, so I got the idea to allow DNS and files started to run ASAP. But I can not reproduce it now, maybe there is a time limit, like it connects to server and it is OK for another 24 hours. I will keep it blocked for the time being and see, how it goes.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Softmaker free office has no ads, why use this then?
Thank you, last time I tried it was around 2016, it has improved a lot since then and it is able to open docs even WPS fails to. :eek:

Attachments

• capture_04262019_222218.jpg
    capture_04262019_222218.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 1,145

Decopi

Level 6
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hi @TairikuOkami ,

I was able to solve WPS' launching delays by blocking:
1) Tasks
2) Autoruns64 (unchecking registries)

However, I can't manage the WPS' initial window position.
Every time WPS launches, is in the same position (middle of the screen).
I don't use maximized WPS' windows, and it seems my WPS doesn't remember last window positions.
Does this happen also to you?

SpratAttack

Level 1
Verified
Sep 28, 2017
I've been using this for a couple of hours today and I really like it. Prior to this I was using LibreOffice but it's started to bug out on me. Think I'll be sticking with WPS for now and see how it goes. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Reactions: Venustus

Gapp

Level 2
Verified
Mar 26, 2017
I have used Kingsoft and then WPS office but there too much connections going out plus I see that there are the trackers as someone posted..I use it from time-to-time (only when my MS Office 2013 crash) but from looks here I will also try Softmaker Office. Can you sher a download please? Thanks all!

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I have used Kingsoft and then WPS office but there too much connections going out plus I see that there are the trackers as someone posted..I use it from time-to-time (only when my MS Office 2013 crash) but from looks here I will also try Softmaker Office. Can you sher a download please? Thanks all!
Please let us know your experience with Softmaker FreeOffice (y)

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Softmaker free office has no ads, why use this then?
Use softmaker , maybe not the best office alternative but an office without ads and others staff. For exemple WPS use 13 or 12 trackers for Android version.
I have yet to see any ads in WPS Office 2019 even without blocking it in the Firewall.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.