Dec 4, 2013
7q0ZmBF.png
:mad:adware + google chrome
ZEoqI9Q.png

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
This was reported to Avast awhile back and still not fixed. The Google Chrome that comes bundled with other software is different than the Google Chrome that you download from Google's website.

1. It installs in Program Files instead of Users AppData.
2. It includes URL tracking letting Google know from which software bundle it was included with.

Enjoy!! :D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
This is the main reason I choose the Custom installation options, helps to avoid all the crap avast! are promoting using the so-called "Tools".

Reactions: Littlebits

xxtoss23

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is the main reason I choose the Custom installation options, helps to avoid all the crap avast! are promoting using the so-called "Tools".
that i am going to do thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.