XavierGaming's Configuration - Work in progress - 11

Windows Edition
Home
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Windows Defender (Default - Not much to tweak)
Comodo Firewall (All on safe mode - Tweaked to act like NVT ERP and AG)
Peerblock Portable (Ran on demand - Block all)
EMET (Maximum settings - Custom rules)
Hostsman (Windows spying - Ads and trackers filters only)
KeyScrambler Premium (Default since default is its highest)
Shadow Defender (Defaults - Ran on demand, usually on browsing)
Spybot - Search and Destroy (Immunization)
7Zip (Encryption and compression)
Crypto Prevent (Normal mode)
BIOS Password
Common Sense

PATCHES:
Hardened Windows
Disable IPv6
Prevented WebRTC
Disabled Windows 10 data mining and advertisements
Optimization for gaming

NOTE:
Windows' defaults are on
I virtualize everything except for gaming and updating. (Using Shadow Defender and Comodo Firewall)
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana Anti-malware Portable
HerdProtect Portable
Emisisoft Emergency Kit Portable
AdwCleaner Portable
VirusTotal Uploader
Hybrid Analysis (The main one I use since it shows the behavior and VirusTotal results)
Manual windows malware analysis using VirtualBox
Manual android malware analysis using Droid4x

... and more

For my "Panic USB"

Ubuntu Linux
Windows Installation Disk

For my "Breaching USB"

Konboot (Logs-in to any unencrypted and no BIOS password Windows machines)
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Tor (Defaults - Sandboxed)
SlimJet (Always private - Temporary history - Temporary cookies - Clear out everything on exit - Sandboxed + AppContainer + Encrypted media extensions)

Browsers are cleared out using Comodo Firewall after use.
Browsers are sandboxed by Comodo Firewall.
Browsers are protected by EMET

Avira Browser Safety
HTTPS Everywhere
Lastpass (With verification)
Privacy Badger
uBlock Origin (All filters on - Prevented IP leakage)
Web of Trust (WOT)
Click&Clean
Popup Blocker Pro
Maintenance tools
Privazer
CCleaner (With CCEnhancer)

7Zip (Encryption and compression)
KeyScrambler Premium
DNS Crypt (Through Simple DNS Crypt - DNS is 4ARMED and CloudNS)
SoftEther VPN (Used for anonymity and bypassing ISP throttling)
BIOS Password
Windows tweaks

Process Lasso Pro (A gift from my friends on steam :D)
Intel Rapid Storage Technology
Dolby Plus Home Theater (A sound controller for my sound system)

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015

MY GOAL

My goal is to achieve a high level of security without compromising usability and comfort.

PROGRAMS

Droid4x (For android emulation)
VirtualBox (For Windows emulation, Ubuntu emulation, Kali Linux emulation)
AOMEI Backupper (For backups)
Patch My PC (For updating)
Iobit Uninstaller Portable (For uninstalling)
...and more

IMPORTANT NOTES:

I virtualize everything except for updating and gaming.
I might have forget my other stuff since I test software too much and busy with school. :D
Android OS is Lollipop.
I have a backup schedule every month.
System is backed up by AOMEI Backupper.

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
The security setup you have going is a beast. I doubt anything can run without your consent. :D

One note though: In addition to the snapshot software you have (Toolwiz TimeFreeze) you should also add a specialized system imaging software, such as AOMEI Backupper Standard or Macrium Reflect Free (both are free).
I recommend you use system imaging software to create at least one clean, full system backup image, so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that backup image.

This might seem equivalent to the function of Toolwiz TimeFreeze, however system snapshots and system images are fundamentally different backup methods.
Practically, system snapshots are faster to create and faster to restore from, while system images are slower to create and slower to restore from. However, system images are all-inclusive and more complete than system snapshots, which are more "limited" and "partial".

If you look into backing up your computer using system imaging software, I recommend you create system images before you install any system snapshot software (e.g. Toolwiz TimeFreeze) as that may create some funky issues in the full system images you create.

Other than that, this is a great configuration, nothing more to add really. :D
Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Happy new year and may God bless you and your loved ones!~

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Excellent configuration, you've thought of almost everything :)

I recommend you install:

1.) Install HitmanPro Freewhich is a cloud based second-opinion scanner which uses Bitdefender and Kaspersky cloud: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

2.) Install Zemana Anti-Logger Free which will prevent MITB attacks and encrypt your keystrokes: https://zemana.com/Download/AntiLoggerFree/AntiLoggerFree_Setup_1.8.2.320.exe

TIP: If HitmanPro removes anything, you will need to activate free license.

I recommend you consider installing:

1.) Consider MCShield which is an anti-malware with world class heuristics and outstanding signatures which waits until you insert external storage into your computer (pointless if you don't use external storage): http://www.mcshield.net/download/MCShield-Setup.exe

Hope this helps, have a good day :)
Regards,
AMR
Anti-Malware Reviewer

Last edited by a moderator:

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
The security setup you have going is a beast. I doubt anything can run without your consent. :D

One note though: In addition to the snapshot software you have (Toolwiz TimeFreeze) you should also add a specialized system imaging software, such as AOMEI Backupper Standard or Macrium Reflect Free (both are free).
I recommend you use system imaging software to create at least one clean, full system backup image, so that you can restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that backup image.

This might seem equivalent to the function of Toolwiz TimeFreeze, however system snapshots and system images are fundamentally different backup methods.
Practically, system snapshots are faster to create and faster to restore from, while system images are slower to create and slower to restore from. However, system images are all-inclusive and more complete than system snapshots, which are more "limited" and "partial".

If you look into backing up your computer using system imaging software, I recommend you create system images before you install any system snapshot software (e.g. Toolwiz TimeFreeze) as that may create some funky issues in the full system images you create.

Other than that, this is a great configuration, nothing more to add really. :D
Thanks for sharing your config with us! :p

Happy new year and may God bless you and your loved ones!~

I will try AOMEI for imaging my system if I have time. Thank you for the recommendation! :D

I recommend you install:

1.) Install HitmanPro Freewhich is a cloud based second-opinion scanner which uses Bitdefender and Kaspersky cloud: http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro_x64.exe

2.) Install Zemana Anti-Logger Free which will prevent MITB attacks and encrypt your keystrokes: https://zemana.com/Download/AntiLoggerFree/AntiLoggerFree_Setup_1.8.2.320.exe

1.) Consider MCShield which is an anti-malware with world class heuristics and outstanding signatures which waits until you insert external storage into your computer (pointless if you don't use external storage): http://www.mcshield.net/download/MCShield-Setup.exe

Regards,
AMR
Anti-Malware Reviewer

I will try the security programs if I'm done installing AOMEI. Thank you for the recommendation! :D I made a batch file that deletes the HitmanPro folders and reinstalls it. Hopefully it will work. Thanks for the tip ;D

I recommend you install:

Regards,
AMR
Anti-Malware Reviewer

I think I won't be installing MCShield since I don't insert external storge into my PC. Thank's for the tip though, I might install that program to my laptop since I do use USBs on that one. :D

Done installing all of the recommended programs :D!

@XavierGaming You should post your introduction here: New Member Introductions

If I have time ,I will. :D

Great to hear! Give them a go and let us know what you think! :p
Very beastly so far! :D

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Has anyone here tried Hostsman? It's one of my favorites security and ad blocking software, It blocks all of your ads, trackers, and malware sites in all of your applications not just the browser. Very underrated in my opinion. :D (Before you try this, Install it in a virtual environment.)

Tip:
Block only the ads and trackers, block the malware sites using a filter browser extenstion like uBlock Origin, if you try to block the malware sites using Hostsman, your Hosts file will be "filled up" and will cause system slowdown when loading a web page and such. :D

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Has anyone here tried Hostsman? It's one of my favorites security and ad blocking software, It blocks all of your ads, trackers, and malware sites in all of your applications not just the browser. Very underrated in my opinion. :D (Before you try this, Install it in a virtual environment.)

Tip:
Block only the ads and trackers, block the malware sites using a filter browser extenstion like uBlock Origin, if you try to block the malware sites using Hostsman, your Hosts file will be "filled up" and will cause system slowdown when loading a web page and such. :D

The way you described pretty similar to Adguard. Is that right?

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
The way you described pretty similar to Adguard. Is that right?

Yep, but completely free! Hostsman and Adguard have the same sources for filters in addition to that, you can create custom rules. :D
Hostsman's filters also apply without the actual program running as it uses your computer's Hosts file. :D

Reactions: DracusNarcrym

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Strong configuration with little revisions.

Actually they can be overpower one of the product(s) which may not act promptly from alerts.

CIS + MBAE + Zemana AntiLogger is definitely enough

or

Add another AV + Xvirus + MBAE + Zemana Antilogger.

Overall still its your decision for that. ;)

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
Strong configuration with little revisions.

Actually they can be overpower one of the product(s) which may not act promptly from alerts.

CIS + MBAE + Zemana AntiLogger is definitely enough

or

Add another AV + Xvirus + MBAE + Zemana Antilogger.

Overall still its your decision for that. ;)

Should I remove Xvirus?

XavierGaming

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Oct 18, 2015
D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

very strong config.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.