Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Read more: Xbox One May 2018 update: All the expected changes

Xbox One picks up support for high refresh rates, among a variety of features under the Xbox May 2018 Update. Expanding upon the console's video capabilities, the feature promises smoother gameplay across supported titles.

To take advantage of 120Hz, you'll need an Xbox One X or Xbox One S running the Xbox May 2018 Update. This update is currently limited to a subset of users enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program, ahead of a wider release set for the coming weeks.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
We can't really tell the difference between 60HZ and 120HZ, so why bother with this update?

Yes, I know you can tell the difference unless you pay a very close attention to those tiny little pixels, but who the hell going to do that when they are playing a game or watching a movie?

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
We can't really tell the difference between 60HZ and 120HZ, so why bother with this update?

Yes, I know you can tell the difference unless you pay a very close attention to those tiny little pixels, but who the hell going to do that when they are playing a game or watching a movie?

Why not? i think thats for AMD FreeSync which its new feature...

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014

There is a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz, like there is with 30Hz and 60Hz. The animations will appear smoother in 120Hz than on 60Hz and 30Hz. It doesn't have anything to do to the tiny pixels but with the animation of the image. Of course to take advantage of 120Hz you will need a 120Hz refresh rate monitor.

Although on movies there is no advantage, in fast paced games, like fps and moba, you can easily see the difference using a 120Hz vs 60Hz if your graphics card plus cpu is good enough to keep the fps high and stable.

Finally, why not add it on the update? Even if you don't use it other people might like it. And it's not like they took something from your experience with the console to add it.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
There is a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz, like there is with 30Hz and 60Hz. The animations will appear smoother in 120Hz than on 60Hz and 30Hz. It doesn't have anything to do to the tiny pixels but with the animation of the image. Of course to take advantage of 120Hz you will need a 120Hz refresh rate monitor.

Although on movies there is no advantage, in fast paced games, like fps and moba, you can easily see the difference using a 120Hz vs 60Hz if your graphics card plus cpu is good enough to keep the fps high and stable.

Finally, why not add it on the update? Even if you don't use it other people might like it. And it's not like they took something from your experience with the console to add it.

Average gamer can't tell the difference without experience. I can't tell the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz. I am not a pro gamer. I am a casual gamer. My eyes are not bad, so don't tell me I need to get my eyes check up because I can't tell the difference between 60Hz and 120HZ.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.