Battle Xiaomi Android Phones for Heavy Gaming, Fast multitasking?

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Hi all.
I want to buy a new phone and after a lot of searching i found Xiaomi, a chinese company who develops rapidly.

What do you suggest i should buy?

XIAOMI MI 4 LTE

ANDROID V6.0 MARSHMALLOW
Quad Core 2.5Ghz Krait Snapdragon
RAM:2 GB
Space:16 GB
5'', IPS LCD, 1080 x 1920
Battery:3080mAh Li-Ion
Video:1080p@30fps
Price:149.90 €

XIAOMI REDMI 4 LTE

ANDROID V6.0 MARSHMALLOW
Octa-core 1.4 GHz, GPU:Adreno 505
RAM:2 GB
Space:16 GB
5'', HD LCD, 720 x 1280
Battery:4100mAh Li-Ion
Video:1080p@30fps
Price:154.90 €
I want the phone to be very good at heavy games and fast at multi-tasking. I will use it mostly for gaming and Youtube videos.

PS 1: Should i go to this chinese company or go to more famous brands like Samsung, LG, HTC???

PS 2: I can spend less than 200€

Last edited:
Reactions: Xsjx

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Most importantly, have a set budget or price range. How much are you willing to spend on a smartphone?

Depending on your region, OnePlus and ZTE are also some brands you can explore.

Minimum 16GB Storage, 2GB RAM, 5-inch Display, Stereo sound. Avoid low-spec Android Phones, they will not last.

Reactions: Rengar and Xsjx

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Most importantly, have a set budget or price range. How much are you willing to spend on a smartphone?

Depending on your region, OnePlus and ZTE are also some brands you can explore.

Minimum 16GB Storage, 2GB RAM, 5-inch Display, Stereo sound. Avoid low-spec Android Phones, they will not last.
I can spend less than 200€. You didnt answer my questions on the thread :(

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I can spend less than 200€. You didnt answer my questions on the thread :(
Can't recommend a €800 smartphone without first knowing your budget. I've not heard of Xiaomi, so I need to do some research into them.

Reactions: Rengar

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Can't recommend a €800 smartphone without first knowing your budget. I've not heard of Xiaomi, so I need to do some research into them.
Really? You never heard for Xiaomi? They are very popular in China and they manufacture phones, power banks, TV boxes... :)

However, I would rather stick with some of popular companies (HTC, LG, Samsung, Huawei...) because of warranty and, well, they're famous brands so you can't go wrong with them.

GSMArena has great phone finder. You just need to fill some fields and script will list you phones based on data you have entered. You can compare two or more phones as well. It helped me when I was looking for my phone. When you choose which one you want, you should search the web for reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ink and Rengar

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Again you didnt tell me which of the 2 do you suggest me, what is better?

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
both these phones are good but not good for heavy gaming..
let's take the pros and cons of each one of them

1. MI 4 - Old snapdragon 810 processor and believe me it has lots of heating issues and new processors like SnapDragon 650 line-up is better overall. I wouldn't recommend this mobile as it is quiet old and is a flop product from xiaomi.

2. Redmi Note 4 - Very good build and battery life. This phone is for users who doesn't play much heavy games, the main focus of the processor Snapdragon 625 inside it to provide more energy efficiency with no heating issues. You can't take this as a better option than Mi 4 but still with this mobile you will feel lags in heavy gaming.

I would recommend you to check for Snapdragon 650 lineup phones as you want to do some heavy gaming. Like Xiaomi Redmi note 3 has same price as that of Redmi Note 4 but the processor makes difference and it is good for gaming.

I don't know your specific region and what are the companies selling products in your country so can't be specific to any model.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Marko :D I've heard of the names, but nothing else. @LanDude I placed my recommendation in my first post and what to look for when buying a smartphone. See @Gdant's post above, looks like some good advice.

I don't currently have an Android phone to know what's better or worse, except avoid entry level devices.

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi note 4
Android v6.0 Marshmallow
2.1Ghz Helio X20, Deca-core GPU:Mali-T880 MP4
2 GB RAM
16 GB Space
5.5'', IPS LCD, 1080 x 1920

4100mAh Li-Po Battery
1080p@30fps Video

Its this phone good for decent games but mostly for Youtube, Facebook @Gdant ?

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
Xiaomi Redmi note 4
Android v6.0 Marshmallow
2 GB RAM
16 GB Space
4100mAh Li-Po Battery

I should get a Willeyfox ;) Its the best price/quality now and has the best updating policy..

Like the Willeyfox 2x a bit out of budget i think (229 eur) But there are also other phonrs from willey ;)

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi note 4
Android v6.0 Marshmallow
2 GB RAM
16 GB Space
4100mAh Li-Po Battery
1080p@30fps Video

yeah, even for mostly medium graphics games this mobile is enough like Asphalt 8 will run smoothly at low/medium graphics..
For normal apps like Facebook, whatsapp, youtube, etc. this mobile is powerful enough to work like a charm. But I would recommend to go with at least 3 GB + 32 GB variant or higher..I bought black color variant of it and battery works for than one and a half day easily.
Since, it has MiUi 8 which is little ram hungry thus in 2 gb, you will have less than 1 GB free for apps.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
yeah, even for mostly medium graphics games this mobile is enough like Asphalt 8 will run smoothly at low/medium graphics..
For normal apps like Facebook, whatsapp, youtube, etc. this mobile is powerful enough to work like a charm. But I would recommend to go with at least 3 GB + 32 GB variant or higher..I bought black color variant of it and battery works for than one and a half day easily.
Since, it has MiUi 8 which is little ram hungry thus in 2 gb, you will have less than 1 GB free for apps.
Willeyfox 2X has 3 gb ram Snapdragon 530 and 3010 MAH
Android 6 But will be updated to 7 shortly.
FOr full specs look at willeyfoxs Website ;)

Reactions: Rengar and Gdant

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Willeyfox 2X has 3 gb ram Snapdragon 530 and 3010 MAH
Android 6 But will be updated to 7 shortly.
FOr full specs look at willeyfoxs Website ;)
This mobile company is not available in our country so can't comment on the build quality and performance as when compared with redmi note 4.. But after comparing the specs of both..redmi note 4 gives more value for money as compare to this one

Reactions: Rengar and Ink

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
This mobile company is not available in our country so can't comment on the build quality and performance as when compared with redmi note 4.. But after comparing the specs of both..redmi note 4 gives more value for money as compare to this one
Hmm Wileyfox is in my country like the best price/quality and it has the best Optimisation of Processes ( WIlleyfox makes it run like ios )

Gdant

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2014
Hmm Wileyfox is in my country like the best price/quality and it has the best Optimisation of Processes ( WIlleyfox makes it run like ios )
It's not WilleyFox optimization, they use some customization on famous custom rom CyanogenMod (now revamped name as LineageOS):D.. Might be that it has good quality but 154.90 € vs 229 € makes a good amount of difference. If you are sure and confirm about it that WilleyFox is better than Redmi Note 4 then it's @LanDude choice to decide;).. I think if both are available in your country then someone must have a youtube review on the comparison of both:p

Rengar

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 6, 2017
@Xsjx i looked WilleyFox and it seems pretty good BUT they are not available in my country :(
@Gdant i want to buy Xiaomi redmi note 4 but there are 2 problems:

1)The screen is huge
2)the price is too low for what the phone offers and im suspicious if something goes wrong with it and waste my money :(

I can give 200€ and less for a decent phone, big battery and for decent gaming but if i look to Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC there is nothing ike that and all their phones are 200€ plus.....

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
@Xsjx i looked WilleyFox and it seems pretty good BUT they are not available in my country :(
@Gdant i want to buy Xiaomi redmi note 4 but there are 2 problems:

1)The screen is huge
2)the price is too low for what the phone offers and im suspicious if something goes wrong with it and waste my money :(

I can give 200€ and less for a decent phone, big battery and for decent gaming but if i look to Samsung, LG, Sony, HTC there is nothing ike that and all their phones are 200€ plus.....
Hmm Galaxy j3?

Silly willeyfox doenst offer in your country );

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.