Xtreme Download Manager , anyone heard about it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapoo

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jan 21, 2012
It's short name is XDM . Looks like IDM copy, and its FREEWARE. One of the most interesting feature is that it can be installed in Linux/Mac as well as Windows. So, in LInux, who still misses IDM, and who don't want to pay for IDM in Windows, perfectly suits them.

I am going to test it on Windows as well as on linux, both on Virtual Machines, lets see how this one works.

5808f55e1d150a0e79146093f6bf33def178_1xdm_640x480_540x351.png

http://xdman.sourceforge.net/
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Download-Managers/Xtreme-Download-Manager.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xtreme-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-75862704.html

Description
Xtreme Download Manager is a advanced and powerful tool to increase download speed up-to 500%, resume broken/dead downloads, capture videos from YouTube, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Google Video or any other website and schedule downloads.
Xtreme Download Manager uses sophisticated dynamic segmentation algorithm,data compression and connection reuse to speed up the download process.
Xtreme Download Manager supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP protocols, firewalls, proxy servers, automatic proxy scripts, file redirects, cookies, authorization etc.
XDM seamlessly integrates with Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari and all popular browsers.
XDM also integrates with any other browser/application to handle downloads automatically using Advanced browser integration.
XDM also provides a built in YouTube downloader to download videos without any browser integration.
Xtreme Download Manager is written in .NET and Java, so it runs on any Operating System without even being installed.

Added Later :
I tried to install it on live machine, but FortiClient Web Protection detected it as malicious site, but in Virustotal not a single detection from other companies, maybe a false detection...

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...08cee016b2fd34d514805c92/analysis/1392294245/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/c...cdd768dd419698fb21a7aa2a/analysis/1392294495/
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/a...3ec4ab50595a3c01aff87154/analysis/1392294555/

Last edited by a moderator:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
and it's download speed is same as IDM & supports resume downloads from many sites like IDM? can we downlaod video & songs from youtube, metacafe, etc?

Reactions: Kent

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Its useless.

Video grabber is not working .

Last edited:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I tested it, but noticed it used a lot more memory than FDM. Since FDM works well enough for me, I saw no reason to change.

Reactions: Koroke San

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I tested it, but noticed it used a lot more memory than FDM. Since FDM works well enough for me, I saw no reason to change.

FDM is great but it can't grab videos from youtube like IDM and freeware like eagleget.....IMO for free version is Eagleget is the best out there....it can download youtube videos too although it crashes sometimes out of no where....

Last edited:

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
To download youtube videos, I'm using a recommendation Littlebits' made a while back: Freemake Video Downloader. FDM works too, but FVD is more convenient, plus it can download full HD whereas with FDM you get 720p max.

By the way, for anyone interested in minimalistic setups, I have the FreemakeVideoCapture CaptureLibService.exe set to Manual so it doesn't start automatically (in fact you can set it to Disabled). I'm using Pale Moon without the programs addon installed, and I only call it up when I want to download something. All I have to do is copy the video page URL and click the Paste button in FVC. If you prefer more automation the default configuration of the program is quite convenient with the browser addon button calling up the program and adding the video to the download list with one click.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
To download youtube videos, I'm using a recommendation Littlebits' made a while back: Freemake Video Downloader. FDM works too, but FVD is more convenient, plus it can download full HD whereas with FDM you get 720p max.
For youtube videos use this site
KeepVid
Just copy paste url in this site & click for download. fast & easy brah. no need to use other utilities :)

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
For youtube videos use this site
KeepVid
Just copy paste url in this site & click for download. fast & easy brah. no need to use other utilities :)
Thanks for the tip. I see it needs Java, though. Does it grab full HD too? Anyway, FVD is a lot more convenient, especially when you want to download several videos in one sitting. But KeepVid is nice when you don't want to install anything (besides Java).

By the way, how are the speeds of KV? FVD is very fast to download.

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
Thanks for the tip. I see it needs Java, though. Does it grab full HD too? Anyway, FVD is a lot more convenient, especially when you want to download several videos in one sitting. But KeepVid is nice when you don't want to install anything (besides Java).

Well, that site pops out to install java plugin, i didn't install it coz i have java already installed in my PC but it not allows me to download so i turn "off" java on that site where it says "Java: On"
& it allows me to download. and yes it allows u to download in 1080p HD if that video is in HD too. thnx :D

firestr001

Level 2
Jul 22, 2012
I tried it once but for a brief period.It worked well but video grabber has picked up a lot of crap rather than actual thing like copies of the webpage

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
you're right but it's working fine here i tried to dowloaded KIS..not yet grab for youtube..
later i wiil tried..and let you know..btw thanks.. for info to sorceforge XDM project..
I prefer this might be because no Crack no Patch free 100 %, i dont know next when it's
was famous...:)

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Reactions: MrXidus
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.