XVSkulblaka7's Config [07.18.2013]

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Thread author
King Mellow said:
Bro, what are the options you tweaked for both avast! and Comodo Firewall? And what are the exclusions? I'm trying this combo now. :)

P.S. Will high heuristics slows down your scan?

Avast | Link
Comodo | Link

NOTE: For Avast, on File System Shield Settings, DO NOT CHECK "Scan all files" on its "Scan when opening" and "Scan when writing" tab. It has a huge impact on my system when I tried it. Other than that, continue to follow Umbra Polaris' Guide.
For Comodo, the only thing that is different from it's guide is I set the Auto-Sandbox to FULLY VIRTUALIZED instead of PARTIALLY.

Avast Exclusions is the whole folder of Comodo itself. Comodo Exclusions includes ALL .EXE files of Avast.

I'm not sure if high heuristics does slow scan speeds, but the only down side I am aware of is the probability of false positives.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.