XianWang config

XianWang

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2016
Just erased my drive(SSD only, HDD no erase), installed windows 10, installed Comodo Internet Security and set to Proactive mode, windows updated to latest. With Comodo Proactive mode installing a software like QQ Messenger need to whitelist 10+ popup..

Last edited:

anubizz

Level 1
Oct 21, 2016
Hey you're config looks solid. But if I were you I would add 1,2 on-demand scanners like MBAM, Zemana (there are some others but these are the one I am using).

Then I would add some Extensions to Chrome: uBlock Origin (quite a powerful blocker not only ads), HTTPS Everywhere and Disconnect.

But most important I would create a system-image of your new, clean base system. There are several tools for this like AOMEI Backupper (free).

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
For a good free backup solution i would like to suggest either Macrium Reflect or Aomei Backupper Free both have a very reliable and free version, then you are prepared for any unforeseen circumstances. ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider an on demand scanner(s).
Consider adding HTTPS Everywhere & uBlock Origin to Chrome.
Some type of data & system back up solution would be advisable.
Looks good! Thanks for sharing your config :)

XianWang

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2016
Thanks for the valuable advises!

Added uBlock Origin, Ghostery, Disconnect.
Installed Zemana Antimalware, HitmanPro.Alert.
Bookmarked HTTPS Everywhere and Backup Tool, might use later on.

Appreciated.

*For Zemana Antimalware, it detected 482 "PUA:Win32/BrowserHijacker!Ep", all from a single software (Tencent QQ Messenger, China largest messenger software), I think this is false detection and not doing anything. :(

Last edited:

anubizz

Level 1
Oct 21, 2016
Thanks for the valuable advises!

Added uBlock Origin, Ghostery, Disconnect.
Installed Zemana Antimalware, HitmanPro.Alert.
Bookmarked HTTPS Everywhere and Backup Tool, might use later on.

Appreciated.

*For Zemana Antimalware, it detected 482 "PUA:Win32/BrowserHijacker!Ep", all from a single software (Tencent QQ Messenger, China largest messenger software), I think this is false detection and not doing anything. :(

Yeah nice additions you made. But I think Ghostery and Disconnect are doing the same thing, more or less. So I think both is a bit an overkill, best if you keep one of them both are doing a good job.

About the PUA Zemana detects, I don't know this Messenger but to be sure you could use an additional on-demand scanner like MBAM or EKK.

Reactions: Logethica

XianWang

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 25, 2016
Yeah nice additions you made. But I think Ghostery and Disconnect are doing the same thing, more or less. So I think both is a bit an overkill, best if you keep one of them both are doing a good job.

About the PUA Zemana detects, I don't know this Messenger but to be sure you could use an additional on-demand scanner like MBAM or EKK.

Thanks anubizz.

Removed Disconnect as Ghostery has more users.
I'm feeling secure. :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Strong configuration out there.

That's a little bummer for Comodo, however once you configure it very well then your protection will save you on such complicated time.

A backup is not a bad idea, but rather eliminating yourself to rely on System Restore most of the time to revert such changes.

Reactions: XianWang

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.