Solved Yahoo Mess 11.5.0.228 not running in Sandboxie 4.01.08 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Yahoo Mess 11.5.0.228 not running in Sandboxie 4.01.08 x64 (right click - Run Sandboxed - DefaultBox - ).
I have Toshiba Laptop, 4 Gb / RAM, processor Intel Pentium P6100, Dual Core
I use:
- Win 7 x64 (up to date)
- Sandboxie 4.01.08 x64 free (Drop Rights - OFF)
- Bitdefender Antivirus Free, last version
- Windows Firewall
- Zemana AntiLogger Pro
- Firefox 2.1 and IE 10 (add-ons Wot (without additional settings)
- Flash Player, last version
- Administrator Account
- VLC
Nothing to disturb proper functioning of the program Sandboxie. Error is: "The application was unable start correctly (0xc000142). Click OK to close the application.".

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
If you try to start Yahoo Messenger without running into Sandboxie, do you still get this error?
Did you try to uninstall, and the re-install back Yahoo Messenger?
Zemana AntiLogger Pro also works as HIPS, did you by any chance added a "block" rule for Yahoo Messenger?

Upvote 0

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Jack said:
If you try to start Yahoo Messenger without running into Sandboxie, do you still get this error?
Did you try to uninstall, and the re-install back Yahoo Messenger?
Zemana AntiLogger Pro also works as HIPS, did you by any chance added a "block" rule for Yahoo Messenger?
None of this does not help me.

Upvote 0

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
First we need to see if it's a Sandboxie or Yahoo Messenger issue.... So, If you try to start Yahoo Messenger without running into Sandboxie, do you still get this error?

Upvote 0

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Jack said:
First we need to see if it's a Sandboxie or Yahoo Messenger issue.... So, If you try to start Yahoo Messenger without running into Sandboxie, do you still get this error?
Yes!:(

Upvote 0

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
jamescv7 said:
That case may blocked, one of the Sandboxie processes thus producing errors.
I have no idea what is happening. I wrote about this error on their forum!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.