Advice Request Yandex Browser and some problem.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
Since 2 weeks ago the Yandex protect module trying to access some domains(first image). I did a search and found them malicious.
Here:
Botnet infection? - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
And also:
IP-адрес удостоверяющего центра Digicert внесен в реестр запрещенных сайтов
Today I removed it(even from the registry)but when I restarted the pc the windows still trying to reach a domain from the Yandex(second image).how is that possible?:D
Just found a topic about this problem but not a good answer from Yandex.
ЯНДЕКС шпионит за вашим компьютером через Punto Switcher 3.1.1 ?! даже после полного его удаления!! — Клуб Punto Switcher
Google Translate
1-I want a feature rich browser like Yandex.is there any?
2-Do you consider these connections as safe?

Attachments

• Yan 1.PNG
    Yan 1.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,484
  • yandex.PNG
    yandex.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,193

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I want to replace Yandex(and Opera) but no other browser have a decent popup player for videos. I looked, there are addons but some only for youtube and some are really bad compared to native popup player in Yandex.

harman

Level 1
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
They seem to be advertisement hosts.

Forcepoint ThreatSeeker believes the HD.SEKINDO.COM domain is for a advertisements at-least.

Thanks...."ads.pubmatic.com" seems the same....

I scanned my system with hitman pro and it found no malware, only 10 cookies, and particularly noteworthy was one related with the second alert pubmatic.com. I deleted all cookies, restarted the browser and again the same alert... so it seems Firefox itself connects with adverting hosts on startup...

Now I'm beginning to wonder if Yandex incident was also along the similar lines, and i shouldn't have been too much concerned....
maybe I'll give Yandex another try cos mine is a rather old laptop and Firefox is sucking too much ram. Yandex was really great while it lasted.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I want to replace Yandex(and Opera) but no other browser have a decent popup player for videos. I looked, there are addons but some only for youtube and some are really bad compared to native popup player in Yandex.

The problem is, most browsers suck. Yandex is on point with browser functionality. I'd PAY for a browser that offered what Yandex offered but ensured no affiliate harvesting or privacy issues.

Emsisoft blocks a lot of stuff other AV's don't in terms of websites. Emsisoft was one of the first products to block Mixpanel, which should be blocked. So if Emsisoft blocks it, it's probably some sort of crappy privacy violating redirect or something.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
The problem is, most browsers suck. Yandex is on point with browser functionality. I'd PAY for a browser that offered what Yandex offered but ensured no affiliate harvesting or privacy issues.

Emsisoft blocks a lot of stuff other AV's don't in terms of websites. Emsisoft was one of the first products to block Mixpanel, which should be blocked. So if Emsisoft blocks it, it's probably some sort of crappy privacy violating redirect or something.
True that it is great as far as features go. Aside from Privacy issues, I had some bugs with Yandex, the bugs were strange, page wouldn't load properly at times. With both stable and beta version.
Emsisoft never blocked Yandex for me though. But it maybe because I use Firefox more than Yandex.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.