Review Yandex Browser

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XhenEd

Level 27
Content Creator
Verified
Mar 1, 2014
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
Oct 24, 2015
Idk, I've tried it multiple times, same result. It'll work well like the first day or two, and then it'll just fall off a cliff. Could just be client-side, like anything else.
Most browsers work well and smooth on my PC. I just have a problem with them not being able to render web pages right. Checking my CPU and RAM usage, yandex seems to use a little bit more RAM than chrome and opera.

Apr 1, 2017
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
ESET
The build is different but they update it in their own way(so it doesn't matter)because it get updates every day.
Btw they use Sophos(Sig+Behaviour), Kaspersky and their own engine for blocking the websites.

Apr 16, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Emsisoft
I'm giving it a spin from both work and home for some time now. Security features are really neat, scan on download, tempering alerts, etc. As for speed and lightness, my current favorite is Opera, and I'm not measuring it by opening a task manager and looking at the usage - a bit pointless with todays hardware imho. As a guy with ~30+ tabs opened at an average, the feeling is it's almost as fast as Opera. Speaking of which, I'm quite irritated at the fact that there is no way of putting those tabs vertically. Opera, Firefox (haven't tested the Quantum yet), Vivaldi (I'm trying so hard to like it, but it's still missing that "someting") all have that possibility implemented one way or another. Yandex hasn't and that's the only thing that puts me off. Otherwise, I'd make a default browser in a minute.

I read some posts in other threads arguing the country it originates from. With all due respect to those members, this has nothing to do with the quality of the product. I understand personal preference, and speaking of trust, I'd sooner put mine in this one than in NSA one (whoops, USA one).

Conclusion, I think it has a really nice perspective and is great feature wise. If it, in addition, could cater to the tab freaks like me, it would be my default one.

HarborFront

Level 36
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I'm giving it a spin from both work and home for some time now. Security features are really neat, scan on download, tempering alerts, etc. As for speed and lightness, my current favorite is Opera, and I'm not measuring it by opening a task manager and looking at the usage - a bit pointless with todays hardware imho. As a guy with ~30+ tabs opened at an average, the feeling is it's almost as fast as Opera. Speaking of which, I'm quite irritated at the fact that there is no way of putting those tabs vertically. Opera, Firefox (haven't tested the Quantum yet), Vivaldi (I'm trying so hard to like it, but it's still missing that "someting") all have that possibility implemented one way or another. Yandex hasn't and that's the only thing that puts me off. Otherwise, I'd make a default browser in a minute.

I read some posts in other threads arguing the country it originates from. With all due respect to those members, this has nothing to do with the quality of the product. I understand personal preference, and speaking of trust, I'd sooner put mine in this one than in NSA one (whoops, USA one).

Conclusion, I think it has a really nice perspective and is great feature wise. If it, in addition, could cater to the tab freaks like me, it would be my default one.
Can you tell me where does Yandex connects to upon start up? Does it connects to Google?

Thanks