Yandex browser discussion (Split Thread)

Will you use the Yandex browser after reading this article?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
940e854ee9de3528f9dd18bcf0c3.png

Yandex Browser
is a user-friendly web browser that sports a minimalist look designed specifically for helping you surf the Internet in a cluster-free interface. It uses the same engine as Google Chrome and Safari for rendering web pages, namely the WebKit layout engine, and is based on the Chromium open source project from which it draws its source code. Not only does the program promise to deliver excellent browsing speed, thanks to its built-in turbo mode, which can be enabled in case your Internet connection is slow, but it is also able to warn you about harmful sites that may affect your computer’s security and checks all downloaded files for viruses with Kaspersky. A special emphasis is place on protecting your sensitive data from unauthorized viewing by letting users block or allow cookies for the specified web page, as well setting up permissions. Last but not least, the browser comes packed with an Incognito Mode that automatically erases all cookies and histories when the app is closed, and allows users to install various extensions. Yandex Browser proves to be as stable and feature-packed as other dedicated browsers on the market.

Features:
Turbo mode

Slow connections won't slow you down. When internet speeds drop, Turbo mode is enabled, which will speed up how fast pages load and save on your data charges.

DNS Spoofing Protection
With the DNSCrypt technology on board, Yandex Browser ensures secure communication with a DNS resolver, encrypting data and preventing DNS spoofing or cache poisoning attacks.

SmartBox
If you need the latest exchange rates or weather forecast, the suggestions have your answer. If you want to visit a site but you don’t remember the exact address, enter its name and Yandex Browser will do the rest.

Backgrounds
Change the background in the browser to suit your mood. You can select one of many preset backgrounds, or upload your favorite picture.

Syncing
Your bookmarks and favorite sites are available to you on any device that has Yandex.Browser. You will never lose them, even if your device breaks or you lose it. Don't forget to install the version for your smartphone and tablet.

Homepage: Yandex.Browser — neat, intuitive and smart

Download:
Yandex Browser 16.4.1.9070 Final (Chrome 49.0.2623.110)

http://download.yandex.ru/yandex-pack/browser/351383/Yandex.exe
Mac OS X
http://download.yandex.ru/yandex-pack/browser/351383/Yandex.dmg

ramonjosegn

Level 1
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
The more important change is the interfaz...

And the interfaz is very bad... ¿how its possible the text and the box for insert the URL change every time?

The default transparency is a problem with some extensions.

Uninstalling...

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Is "Turbo Mode" legit? Seems kind of fishy but might be good when watching Youtube videos..

ramonjosegn

Level 1
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
Beta version (only in russian), returns to the old interfaz?

BETA - 16.6.1.7469 beta

Yandex Browser 16.6.1.7469 Beta

_ I am testing. The spanish version is bad translated.

Now Yandex Browser can use the old and the new interfaz, its possible change in the configuration.

Last edited:

AlphaBeta

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 24, 2015
Idk, I've tried it multiple times, same result. It'll work well like the first day or two, and then it'll just fall off a cliff. Could just be client-side, like anything else.
Most browsers work well and smooth on my PC. I just have a problem with them not being able to render web pages right. Checking my CPU and RAM usage, yandex seems to use a little bit more RAM than chrome and opera.

Y

yigido

I want to test the latest version and tested.
It has very good settings and the browser is very smooth and neat.
You can get some populer extension from the UI.. juts 1 click away :)
Settings are same with Chrome. You can prevent DNS Leak. :)
But the chromium core is older than Chrome. Just like Comodo Dragon, but this browser is very good maybe better than than other Chromium forks.
If you want another taste beside Chrome, first things should be Opera & Yandex.
I am gonna read privacy policy of Yandex browser to use it some time :)

Reactions: AtlBo

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Yandex 17.4.0.2461 is on Chrome 57.0.2987.2461

As expected it's one version behind the current Chrome browser

Reactions: AtlBo

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
But
I love this browser. It´s a nice Chromiun based, fast and comfortable, but in my computer, Opera improves its performance in speed and RAM consumption
Opera has limited chrome extensions availability. So far Chromium uses chrome extensions without problems

Reactions: AtlBo and frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.