Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
valvesteamcommunitymark.png

The next big thing, after using DLC contents to make lots of extra money, are in-game transactions of virtual goods for real money. Blizzard enabled the money auction house in Diablo 3 some time ago where players were able to sell and buy items for real currency. It goes without saying that the company profits from it the most, as players are charged with transaction fees when they sell items to other players.[...]

Read More Here

P

Plexx

WN, I cant access the link but found the article here, so if the link is messed up, you can edit the link for this one:

Code:
http://www.ghacks.net/2012/12/13/you-can-now-sell-virtual-items-on-steam/

As for the topic in question, it was bound to happen with TF2 being the starting point, although I do not believe it will last that long. Sure Steam is very well known but at the same time, it is also known for a few of the following:

*relatively high technical difficulties across the globe ranging from users to games
*Steam Greenlight is not the best approach
*iOS ports to PC that are just... Ok I will rephrase it, I rather buy an iOS and play it there due to:
-Poor ports
-Extremely overpriced for an iOS port to be run on PC

In my opinion, it is actually a desperate move to try to capitalize the market.

I am not even going to the DLC modules of the games itself since thats a completely different topic.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks,my bad on the link.I was multitasking and added something else instead of the link.It has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.